CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Winter F4 Mod log

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fairings are in and pics will be up soon. Can't put the bike together yet got a few more things to do with it.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's right. You need an '01-03 split-seat subframe. ;-)

Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM

I still haven't bothered to wire my headlights up yet. I'll definitely be using your guide now. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Where did you end up getting your fairings from? Mine should be here this week!

You went with repsol fairings as well didnt you?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
That's right. You need an '01-03 split-seat subframe. ;-)
LOL in due time my friend in due time. Hopefully i get this management job since i graduate from college in 3 weeks then ill have the money to tackle it.

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
I still haven't bothered to wire my headlights up yet. I'll definitely be using your guide now. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Where did you end up getting your fairings from? Mine should be here this week!

You went with repsol fairings as well didnt you?
Nope i didn't do the repsol even though i thought about it. I ended up doing a white with black flames. Here are some pics of the fairings, I should have them fully installed by the end of the week if i dont get too busy. Also my gas tank is getting painted right now so im waiting for that.
Pics

Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow!...that color scheme is really gonna pop! Lookin' forward to seeing that one all together.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Wow!...that color scheme is really gonna pop! Lookin' forward to seeing that one all together.
X2

Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

man I need to get on my project... But yours is coming along nicely. Although flames arn't my thing, those look better than most.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM

So i may have found a way to wire the FI light to be a fuel light like it was on the F4. I tested it by jumping the pins that go to the sensor in the gas tank and it lights up. Since my gas tank is still getting painted i wont be able to test it more until i get the tank back. Im going to put it back on the bike with no gas in it and see if the light comes on. Then im going to fill the tank with a gas can and see when the light turns off. Im probably going to test it this weekend.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Well so far the front and sides are complete. As well as the air ducts being modified i.e. hacked in order to fit with the f4i fairings. So far it looks good. The fitment was a little weird up front but nothing that a little elbow grease couldn't fix. Now im waiting on my gas tank and tail to come back and it should be completed. Also i completed a few other things while installing the fairings like
-installed temp sensor
-installed an unscratched up triple. (im glad the PO had gave me one along with a bunch of oother random OEM and aftermarket parts.)
Here are some pics

This is how bright the lights are. It was pitch black before

Old 02-27-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ddavis17
Well so far the front and sides are complete. As well as the air ducts being modified i.e. hacked in order to fit with the f4i fairings. So far it looks good. The fitment was a little weird up front but nothing that a little elbow grease couldn't fix. Now im waiting on my gas tank and tail to come back and it should be completed. Also i completed a few other things while installing the fairings like
-installed temp sensor
-installed an unscratched up triple. (im glad the PO had gave me one along with a bunch of oother random OEM and aftermarket parts.)
Here are some pics

This is how bright the lights are. It was pitch black before
it looks nice man... can you take some in depth detail pictures of where it all comes together?

like how the side fairings attach to the front nose and to the air guards that screw onto the tank... because mine looks jacked up and want to see if i'm missing something or doing something dumb.. please and ty

Quick Reply: Winter F4 Mod log