CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

whistling noise from my F4

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zhelmo
Ok I guess I found the problem. It should be coming from the cam chain....

I would like to apologize for the stupid questions, but I am still getting used to my cbr, since I got it a few months ago.
The only "stupid questions" are the ones that go unasked. You are more than welcome to ask as many questions as you need.

As you can see by the responses, its often very difficult to diagnose a motorcycle problem/noise via the interwebs. In addition to asking questions, I recommend downloading a copy of the F4 service manual to help. There are links here on the forum for the online version.

As for the CCT, it is a common issue to the F4/F4i. Typically the CCT can make noise for a long period of time w/o ill effects. While annoying, it gives you time b/f replacement. There's an ongoing debate over whether to replace it w/ the factory CCT or a manually adjustable like the APE brand. Both have their benefits. However, unless you plan to install it yourself & feel confident in what your doing, the factory CCT is probably the better choice for you.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@gotcbr

but at least I found it , with a lot of help

i have two manuals - a german one as a book(not very helpful though, but the pictures are good), and an english one online. They are helpful if you know the problem, to find out how to remove it. Sometime I do not feel confident in doing it myself, not because I am too clumsy, but as a newbie I am not always sure which is correct and not.

As I have seen with this CCT, I was wondering if this noise is normal or not, but now with your help I can read about it and try to figure out to change it or not.

About questions, I am planning to open a few new topics, if I do not find answers in already existing topic. (Next ones are - rubbers for my bike and standard steering bars vs. superbike steering bar )

Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by zhelmo
...I found it , with a lot of help...
Absolutely!
I definitely applaud anyone that takes the initiative to keep their bike running properly.

There is a wealth of information here on the forum. Sometimes the searches don't get you exactly where you are wanting to go but that's why we're here.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheerz GOTCBR

Ok some more 'stupid questions'

I guess this is definitely the CCT. Sometimes I hear this rattle noise, when engine is cold, as if it comes from the valves, that people mention it is actually the CCT.
But only at low RPM, and when I rev up it goes away.

So my next mission - change it for good.

Anybody knows how CCT is called in German though? Shall I go for the manual instead of this hydraulic stuff?

Is this helpful when I change it? Though it is for F2, I guess it will be the same for my bike? (link bellow)

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...le-good-91238/

Last edited by zhelmo; 08-19-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 AM

If you have the mechanical ability, the manual tensioner like APE, would certainly be a good option.

If you don't feel comfortable w/ the installation & adjustment of the manual, a factory Honda CCT would be sufficient.

There are a few tutorials here on installing both the manual & factory CCT.