CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Throttle cables

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cables

Hey guys,

I'm a new user at the forum. First of all, excuse me for my English, I'm from Argentina and my mother tongue is Spanish.
Second, I would like to thank everybody for their posts and answers. This place is an encyclopedia.
And third, I would like if someone could help me regarding some issues with my bike.
After being sitting for almost two years – I’ve been traveling around-, once back home I have decided to take care of my bike.
I did carbs, sync, changed oil, spark plugs, filters, coolant, and after oiling the throttle cables, once I have assembled them again, the cables are loose. I have tighten the nuts on the top and at the carbs, but still, I can’t make them be tight.
Maybe I did something wrong while assembling them. I can’t exactly remember but I think that when I was removing them from the carbs, they look a little bit weird how they were mounted, and now makes me think that maybe were assembled in a bad way, they have stretched after use and now in the right position is impossible to make them be tight.
I would really thank if somebody can give me a clue, either how to set them, or what’s my fault.
Cheers,
Lisandro

p.s Im posting some pics so you can see how the throttle cables are set and how nuts are tighten.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM

I did it!

Maybe was stressed last night with low light and tired.

Was quite easy, just taking a look on the cable and watching the cable tighten while "unscrewing" the top nut.

Thank you anyway.

Cheers,
Lisandro

Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the info brother...im sure it will help others out there