CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

Ok so this winter im doing a few conversions on my f4 but i want to make sure of some things before i order the parts. THe list of things are

600rr swingarm.
f4 to f4i dual light conversion
04-07 f4i fairings these are the fairings http://www.auctmarts.com/auctmarts1/1/g/22/IMG_9627.JPG
i might stretch it but im not sure.
f4i Digital gauges
powdercoat rims
led kit
HID kit

The things i have questions about are do you guys think the 600rr swingarm conversion is worth it? I just like the way it looks honestly. Also besides brake calipers and new lines do i need anything else for that conversion.

2nd with the dual light conversion i heard you need to put a relay on the lights in order to keep the high beams from staying on. How do you do this?

3rd Will a 04-07 fairing kit fit on an f4 as long as i do the lights? I dont really feel like doing the split seat conversion yet.

4th Also how hard is it to wire the digital gauges. I have links to the tutorials on my pc but i want to know if you guys have any more insight.

5th I don't think im going to stretch but if i do stretch after the 600rr conversion i just need the links for a 600rr swingarm correct? (may seem like a stupid question but better safe than expensive lol)

Any suggeastions will help. P.S. I love this site it has saved my *** on a number of occasions.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ddavis17
...The things i have questions about are do you guys think the 600rr swingarm conversion is worth it? I just like the way it looks honestly....
That's quite the mod list you've got going.

Personally, I wouldn't do the swingarm conversion just for looks. It changes the bike's geometry, which you may or may not actually like. Nevertheless...

"Playfulgod" had the 600RR swingarm conversion on his F4. He's rarely on here anymore but maybe you could contact him for more specific experience-related questions.

"ozf4i" did both the 600rr swingarm & USD 1000RR fork conversion. Here's a couple of his threads... https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...ed-f4i-125554/ , https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...r-rear-125331/ .

2) 900RR relay. There are write-ups on the forum.
3) Yes.
4) Not difficult but time consuming to do properly. See #2 above. Just use good water-resistant connectors & shrink tubing.
Recently, Turbulenz was going to do this...perhaps he'll chime in w/ some input.
5) Yes & a longer chain.

Good luck w/ your project(s).

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah I was all set to do the gauge conversion, but decided not to as I was going to retain the F4 upper. Since you are changing the upper fairing, you will find it easier since you will be using the F4i stays... the gauge wiring itself isnt that bad.. most of it can simply be matched up.. you can hard wire it if you want or you can splice in two harness plugs into the F4 harness and then make the F4i cluster and plug and play should you ever need to remove it for any reason.

I posted my findings at https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...thread-129237/

hope that helps you some!
T

Old 10-26-2011, 06:46 PM

cool mod list - would love to see it when its completed. However, if your doing all those mods you might as well do a split seat now and save money on extra fairings and paint later IMO.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

yep split seat is so pretty on the F4, really ties the front end together

Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by platnumbob
...if your doing all those mods you might as well do a split seat now and save money on extra fairings and paint later IMO.
That is a good point. Ddavis17, you might be better served doing the split-seat conversion first if its something you are seriously considering...save on costs later like bob said. The split-seat conversion really isn't difficult. W/ my tutorial here you should be able to knock it out in an afternoon.

Also, a project-log like CJardine is doing here - https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...od-log-131751/ , would be nice for us to follow your progress, etc.

Last edited by gotcbr; 10-27-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: link(s)
Old 10-28-2011, 04:17 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

hmm I need to update that too. :S

Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the advice guys i really appreciate it. Sorry i haven't been responding (battlefield 3 LOL) but since everyone thinks i should do the split seat conversion i think i might consider it. The only reason i wanted to stay banana besides not feeling like doing it is because the fairing i want i think is only available in banana unless i custom order. Also if i do the digital gauge swap would i lose the gas light since i think those have a meter. Ill post pics of the mods i do when i do it i just need to get all my funds together first so i can order the parts.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

if you order from cbrfairings they will swap the fairings ( they were going to do it for free for me but I ended up customizing them anyways). Ive heard of guys wiring the gas light to another light that isnt needed on the F4 . . . I want to say its the FI light but dont quote me. Ill try and find the post Im talking about.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Default Update!!

Okay so i havent started this mod list yet because i didn't have the money. I should have the money to do 75% of the mods starting next week. Since i will be ordering the parts next week i want to ask does anyone know where i can find an 01-03 subframe and tray so i can do the split seat conversion. I have been looking all over ebay and cant find one that is a split seat i only find the 99-00 or the 04-07. If i cant find it then i wont do the split seat conversion. Also since im ordering my f4i lights for my conversion should i just spring for the HID's or are the stock lights decent.

Any links would help i need a decent undertail kit, 01-03 f4i subframe, and seats for the conversion. Everything else i found at decent prices relatively easily. Also where do i find a 900rr relay so i can wire up these lights properly. Ebay? and if so what is the exact name for it. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Quick question