CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH

oh btw if your going to try to flame someone SPECIFIY WHO YOU ARE TYPING TO! Because more people reading this thread are becoming increasingly aggitated by you rookies lack of worthy contributions. I'm glad I'm not a moderator because some of you would be getting warnings by now with all this deconstructive, unprofessional behavior! Moderators please intervene with these 5-6 total posting flamers ruining our community.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM

gangsta hard ***...lol man your to much i havent said any thing cruel or unussual to you or about you and who said i do 12 oclocks or i even try to wheelie see now your to the point were you have nothing to say about me cause you know nothing about me so you have to make up bull****t to try and make yourself fell like the badass i have nothing against you man so just chill out before YOU **** yourself from all this excitment

Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 AM

Mikemirage, you need to keep your mouth shut, even though I might have joined after you, I have posted more helpful info than the total of all your what 30+ posts? As to me not taking care of my bike? I service my bike after EVERY RIDE, that means EVERYDAY! Don't bull**** someone you don't even know, and stop bragging about your bike and how fast you go, because honestly there are two kinds of riders, those who have been down and those who are going to go down, and guess what category you fall under? The one who's ego is bigger than Arnold Swartz. I bet you rev limit your bike sitting at stop lights don't you. Wow look at that cool dude he's on a bike. Wait till you **** someone off in a cage, and that person runs your *** over and runs and your stuck, injured and fckd. Heres a tip, respect yourself, then you might grow some ***** to respect other people when YOU are the one who is IN THE WRONG!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Mikey I'm not even talking to you, I'm talking to Mirage and other ego, powertripping squids. Oh wait I am actually talking to you about rididing circles around me. Do you even know who I am or what skill level I fall under? NO, do I criticize your riding either? NO so keep my name out of your mouth.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 AM

btw mikey, did I EVER BLAME HONDA? I service my bike, but I don't have a shop to adjust the geometrics of the bike,, atleast I'm man enough to admit my equipment. Honestly going 150 is plain dumb, do you want to die?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:16 AM

oh no doubt going that fast is just strait out stupid but i agree i service mine my self, i was thinking about getting a sterring damper cause i have a little head shak but anyway did you ever get one?

Old 07-19-2006, 02:04 AM

I hear they are like 300+ so I'm not in the market, plus I think something is wrong with my front shocks because they aren't bouncing anymore they are either stiff or bottoming out
and idea what that could be? I know its something dangerous, because the bike doesn't feel the same, I just ordered my manual from ebay today and ill try to find the problem but until then any ideas? anyone?

Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 AM

Who would have thought that a simple experience reguarding our bikes would get 27 posts, I think thats the most out of all the pages in our sexion

Old 07-19-2006, 09:59 AM

If you tank slapped that bad you should have slowly rolled off the throttle and backed off instead of continuing to accelerate through it. I've had a little head shake at the end of first gear and it scared the crap out of me. I couldnt see anyone riding for a whole mile with it at a full slap at over 120+ , it sounds to me that you're lucky to be here. Not trying to flame you, just trying to help. As for the forks, i'd check around the fork seals to check for leaks. If those seem fine, i'd try to set up your static sag, set your comp. and rebound back to stock and adjust from there. If that doesn't help, you might need to rebuild the forks with 40K miles on the bike. On, another note, i have the scotts damper and i am very happy with it, its not intrusive to steering, its a little pricey but its better to be safe then sorry.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrwrx

I couldnt see anyone riding for a whole mile with it at a full slap at over 120+ , it sounds to me that you're lucky to be here. Not trying to flame you, just trying to help. As for the forks, i'd check around the fork seals to check for leaks. If those seem fine, i'd try to set up your static sag, set your comp. and rebound back to stock and adjust from there. If that doesn't help, you might need to rebuild the forks with 40K miles on the bike. On, another note, i have the scotts damper and i am very happy with it, its not intrusive to steering, its a little pricey but its better to be safe then sorry.
1.1 What is a Static Sag ( Sorry I don't have my manual yet)
1.2 The comp is red shock in the middle of the bike that has a softer/harder adjustment on it? ( Mine is a Red Spring )
1.3 Is a personal rebuild of the forks a nightmare or am I dreaming?
1.4 Yes I am very blessed to be here, When it was happeneing all I could do was think about when I fall how fast is my body going to be hurdling down the road, and if the bike's peg is going to bludgeon me through my helmet. If that was the case it would have been a quick death instead of a tramatizing paralize survivor.

2.1 Can the stabilizer be stolen rather quickly if the bike is sitting outside overnight? I have my bike in my front sidewalk area ( In San Fran, space is limited and most ppl don't have garages). The question is, can it be stolen silently and quickly?

Quick Reply: Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH