CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH

Just **** off already try posting more than 11 posts about serious issues instead of playing with fire, your always getting burned

Old 07-16-2006, 11:19 PM

mirage reminds of those people destroying their bikes from stunting at above 100 all the time, just to get an ego boost, next thing you know they get a pity-boost from the RN's using pigs ***** to patch up your ********

Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 PM

by the way im a "starting member" not a "new member", get it right

Old 07-18-2006, 02:34 AM

its not cool to argue online..havent you heard that one saying:

competing in the special olympics is just like arguing in a chat room, it doesnt matter if you win or lose, you're still retarded.

:::no offense to the mentally impaired:::

so be cool...you guys all ride..were on the same team...its all in good fun...so why put someone else down because they experienced something you have not. just ride..be safe...cruise or stunt...whatever floats your boat...just be cool.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ddvs

second of all why are you 2 'New Members' trying to talk **** to people who have posted more valuable information than how wrecklessly fast you can go on your bike.
+1
Listen ddvs, there always going to be this kind of people around, so don't pay too much attention to what they say, because at the end it comes down
to who is contributing and who is not. In forums you have two kinds of people:
1- The ones that join because they want to be part of a "community" and contribute by sharing their vast knowlege with the rest of the members and offer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM (which is not the case in this thread)
2- The ones that join just to flame becasue they attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority meanwhile have no intention to be constructive to further clarify a discussion, or to persuade other people.

Therefore the motive for flaming is often not dialectic, but rather social or psychological (ie: not loved by their parents and/or rejected by society, low self esteem, shy around beautiful women.... the list is very long). In this case the "2 thumb sucking wimps wanna be flamers", wish to upset and offend you and other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls[sm=violent053.gif]

As far as the moral of the story, you are right about getting a stabilizer and leathers ( as another CONTRIBUTING member suggested). If you care to know I have a Scotts damper and I'm glad to say that it saved me many times from getting "slapped"[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

PS: I edited this message twice because I had to omit certain words that I'm sure would have resulted in my "24Hour suspension". It's just that I'm sick and tired of flamers, as far as I'm concerned they should get the BOOT[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 07-18-2006, 04:10 PM

I hear that, I'm pretty sure I caught one of those 2 trying to re-affir their GSXR superiority on the street compared to our ultimate cornering machines. They really don't bother me that much. There should be a rule that only riders of 18+ in age be allowed to post in our forums.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:49 PM

What is tank slapping? I have a brand new 06 f4i (well not so brand new it has over 1k miles on it now) and I've never gone above 105mph. Does that mean that I don't maintain my bike because I've never gone that fast? NO It means I suck and I'm a *****! lol Anyway, sounds dangerous this slapping thing? Glad you didn't get "slapped" off your bike!

Mike

ps heres some constructive criticism for everyone... if you suck at riding as much as me SELL YOUR BIKE! CUZ I SUCK! lol

Old 07-18-2006, 07:30 PM

hey ther extremehakeem dude "case the "2 thumb sucking wimps wanna be flamers", wish to upset and offend you and other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls " thats uncalled for i never said anything about him sucking or anything ofensive to him but you calling us thumb sucking wimps is just turning you into a flamer

and ddvs i dont know what all that bs is about gsxr superiority is but i bet i could ride circles around your *** any day of the week...oh and im over 18 jus to let you know

Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM

ok gangsta hard ***, you better bring a pair of pants and your pair of panties because when you even try to race me, we are all going to watch you **** yourself. we have similar bikes, and you want to start a war? i don't care if you ride a GSXR, you must be one of the posers who try to wheelie the first day you got your bike. now I don't even know who's flaming who because of this nonsense, the topic is about tank slapping, and it happened to me, not you. Therefore it's MY experience not yours to chip your last 2 cents in after you flip your bike doing 12 o clocks. I wish no evil upon us riders, but by bringing your personal bullcrap here on the forum especially when we ride the same bikes is your issue, not mine. Just don't pee on yourself.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 PM

As to the definition of tank slapping, I consider it as when going at almost any speed, and you are becoming unbalanced, your front tire begins jumping side to side, then your bikes centrivical force, begins to throw the bike in a side to side, bouncing motion which is countered by de-cellerating and controlling your rear break and clutch plus accellerating once the bike falls back into centrivical motion (balance).

Quick Reply: Lethal Tank Slapping at 120MPH