CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

front end tweaked....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end tweaked....

so i put my self made slip on's on today, after removing my front fender and headed to oceanside, but came to notice my front wheel and handlebars were not aligned.

i noticed as i was driving straight my left bar was an inch or so back. so i parked my bike and turned the bars straight and say my front wheel turned.

my question is what could be or would be bent...? any thoughts or ideas...?.... after i get the bike home i will most likely park it till i can take it to a shop to have repaired. (depending on what all is entailed in the repair of this).

Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM

Sounds like you have a loose triple clamp. I would loosen all the bolts, straighten the bars, and then tighten them all down.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 AM

The clipons (bars) should have an alignment bb on them so they should always be in the same spot in relation to the fork unless someone has ground them off. Most likely a fork tube twisted in the upper or lower clamp and they are out of alignment. It can be tricky but if you take your time you can get it all straight yourself, or shops do it also.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 AM

thanks for the replies. i took 'er in yesterday where the owner/mechanic said basically the same thing... he gonna put it up on lift, secure it, loosen everything then shake it a lil and everything should fall back into alignment... (so he says) then retighten everything and go from there.

if there is more than meets the eye he will call me and let me know before proceeding.

(crossing my fingers it is nothing more) lol

again thanks for your input.

personally there are somethings i do not like to attempt working on when I lack the knowledge. ask me about a head gasket job on a honda import car and i got this one in the bag. lol

j.s.

thanks again all I will keep you posted.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by duckorbleed
thanks for the replies. i took 'er in yesterday where the owner/mechanic said basically the same thing... he gonna put it up on lift, secure it, loosen everything then shake it a lil and everything should fall back into alignment... (so he says) then retighten everything and go from there.

if there is more than meets the eye he will call me and let me know before proceeding.

(crossing my fingers it is nothing more) lol

again thanks for your input.

personally there are somethings i do not like to attempt working on when I lack the knowledge. ask me about a head gasket job on a honda import car and i got this one in the bag. lol

j.s.

thanks again all I will keep you posted.
Got your pm. that's what i would suggest. Sometimes the forks will twist a bit in the triple clamps.

Good luck

Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM

the shop called . . .

she's ready for pick up.

turns out it was just the forks twisted, and after putting 'er on the lift and loosening everything then letting it self readjust and tightening everything up, all is good.

ill pick 'er up tomorrow and will post pics with my self made slip on bars.