CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

CBR switching off itself when idle for 5 min.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR switching off itself when idle for 5 min.

hello evryone

i m new to this forum....just needed help from the experts here...

I m buying a used Honda CBR 600F 2001model....yeterday i went an had a ride on the bike...it was gud to ride but as its cold here in Dubai (U.A.E) around 20C....and the bike was in idle positiion started the bike switched off itself after 5 min.

I asked the seller wats this problem...so he told me something about the revs....i didnt get wat he said...can someone here please advise me what should i do...should i buy it and repair or is it a big problem...

If you need to know more please tell...because i wanna buy a bike soon...the bike was gud overall but this was the main problem...

Help appreciated

Thanks

Old 12-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Default RE: CBR switching off itself when idle for 5 min.

A lot can be going on here. first, what year and model again? it looks like its an F4 if its a 2000 bike.
It could be the following: check all

1. idle could be set too low and when it is sitting alone, the adjustment is too low for it to keep running (easy adjustment on the right side under the seat fairing--(seat dosnt need removal))
2. you could be overheating.... if its very cold and there isnt the any antifreeze (or the right mix) in the radiator, the water can freeze in the radiator and block the circulation of water into and out of the engine... that may shut it off
3. check your fuel system for blockages, filter etc
4. fuel/air mix might be off too (may need carb rejeting or air cleaner)---thats probably not it though

i think im forgetting something :
i may remember later
doesnt sound like a big problem with the bike though

Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: darkavenger99
as its cold here in Dubai (U.A.E) around 20C
Just to clear this up. 20C is cold for Dubai, but pretty nice weather for everybody else.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 AM

ORIGINAL: frankmackie

A lot can be going on here. first, what year and model again? it looks like its an F4 if its a 2000 bike.
It could be the following: check all

1. idle could be set too low and when it is sitting alone, the adjustment is too low for it to keep running (easy adjustment on the right side under the seat fairing--(seat dosnt need removal))
2. you could be overheating.... if its very cold and there isnt the any antifreeze (or the right mix) in the radiator, the water can freeze in the radiator and block the circulation of water into and out of the engine... that may shut it off
3. check your fuel system for blockages, filter etc
4. fuel/air mix might be off too (may need carb rejeting or air cleaner)---thats probably not it though

i think im forgetting something :
i may remember later
doesnt sound like a big problem with the bike though

Thanx for ur reply...but the bad news is the bike is already sold...so i guess i have to start seaching for another one now...and its gonna take a bit of time as we dont have alot of CBR forsale in Dubai.

Neways anyone from Dubai selling their bike can contact me here....