CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Might be switching teams!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be switching teams!

Well I have the itch for another bike. I really enjoy riding my F2 but I now feel the need for a little more. Would also like a little (over all bike size) bigger bike. Being 6'3" its a little tight when I am tuked in on the F2. Have a guy interested in the bike, ask's me questions and makes comments on how good of shape its in whenever I see him. Friend of mine has a 02 GSX-R 750 thats in real nice shape with 14k miles that he is not activily trying to sell but would sell it, said everything is for sale! Figure between the sale of the F2 and selling my ATV would have plenty of money for the new bike. I really want fuel injection, and have heard some good things about the GSX-R's, besides that I know the bike has not been beat on to hard and has been maintained. Always nice to know first hand what the history is on a bike your purchasing! What do you guys think, would it be to big of a mistake switching teams and going to the dark side? Never owned a zuk before, always had hondas, kawis(never again)or harleys so I dont know what to expect??????

Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Default RE: Might be switching teams!

Fuel injection seems to be a dream. It seems like most bikes, regardless of brand will last a while as long as it is well taken care of. Since it is from a friend you know its been well cared for. I say if it's in your budget and makes you happy go for it. If you end up not liking it you could always sell that and buy something else.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot of my buddies ride gixxers and they love em. im not a huge fan of zuks because ive heard theyrnt near as reliable as our hondas. ihate havin the same thing as other people and thatsabout80% of what people ride around here.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM

If you can sell your stuff and upgrade to a bike 10 years newer, larger, and Fi, then I say go for it. The only thing I would worry about is that the newer bikes are less comfortable than our F2s in my opinion. I hopped on a 07 CBR 1000 last week and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the seat position was. Makes me realize that as soon as I upgrade to what I want, I'm going to have to invest in an aftermarket seat right away.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:16 PM

Mikeinctown, thats what I am really worried about. I know the positioning of my bike now is pretty comfortable, the positioning of the GSX-R is much more tucked in and laid down. But since I am so tall and not the lightest guy in the world it may not be too bad. My buddy told me to stop by, that way I can look at it and take it for a ride. I know I will not be dissapointed in the power! Forgot to mention, my buddy that I bought my F2 from and the guy who has the GSX-R is the same person! He knows me pretty well and knows my temperment so I really dought he would sell me a piece of junk for fear I would be knocking on his door! Would I be crazy for putting my F2 up for sale for $2,500 or best offer? If you do a search of my posts you can see the pics I posted. It has just under 28k miles, one crack on theright lower front fairing under the turn signal and a scuff on the right lower fairing from being knocked over before I got it, other than that its cleaned up very good. hasa two brothers polished aluminum slip on, kevlar race clutch, new Dunlop qualifier tires with less than 800 miles, new mirrors and gel grips, forks were just rebuilt and RR replaced/upgraded before I got it, under tail kit, plugs were just changed and valves were adjusted, CCT changedand entire bike was gone over by a profesional shop less than 3k miles ago. And Ireplaced front and rear brake pads and flushed the entire brake system this summer.Am I nuts or what?