Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

switching football teams

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching football teams

I was wondering if this is a legal move in the realm of man laws. I am currently a TN Vols football fan because I live in TN. However, due to their embarrassing loss to LSU last nigt, is it legal for me to switch teams? I was born in West Virginia so would it be OK for me to go out and buy a Mountaineers sweatshirt? Too bad they lost to Louisville, but still...

Old 11-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: switching football teams

The way we call it is you can change teams, but you give up all fan privilages for two years...no rooting for ANY teams in that sport for that period of time. Gotta stick with your team! Now, there might be an exception to the rule, but only if you move to a new city...not sure.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:41 PM
VP

Technically speaking, once you switch teams you are officially joining the "bandwagon rotation" unless the period for your rotation lasts longer than 2 years. After which you gain the right to call yourself a "fan" and purchase season tickets. Any item bought with the intention of showing strangers your "fanship" within the first 2 years is technically defunct immediately based on your rookie rank to the afore mentioned team.

Article 1: You can change teams legally and bind to a new team if you change universities or jobs (only if the job is directly affiliated with the team you once supported or are now forced to support; I.E. Coke teams represent all Atlanta based teams, but if you move to Pepsi, your contract may state that you are required to like Florida.)

Article 2: If you're team moves cities, you are eligible to find a new team at no cost to you.

Article 3: If your favorite cheerleader quits, you can do whatever you want then too.

Article 4: If you favorite team stops selling beer at the stadium, you can walk away. Practice telling your friends before you let them know.

Article 5: No motorcycle parking:No affiliation. Remember that.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:48 PM

You can have a favorite cheer Leader ????
ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Technically speaking, once you switch teams you are officially joining the "bandwagon rotation" unless the period for your rotation lasts longer than 2 years. After which you gain the right to call yourself a "fan" and purchase season tickets. Any item bought with the intention of showing strangers your "fanship" within the first 2 years is technically defunct immediately based on your rookie rank to the afore mentioned team.

Article 1: You can change teams legally and bind to a new team if you change universities or jobs (only if the job is directly affiliated with the team you once supported or are now forced to support; I.E. Coke teams represent all Atlanta based teams, but if you move to Pepsi, your contract may state that you are required to like Florida.)

Article 2: If you're team moves cities, you are eligible to find a new team at no cost to you.

Article 3: If your favorite cheerleader quits, you can do whatever you want then too.

Article 4: If you favorite team stops selling beer at the stadium, you can walk away. Practice telling your friends before you let them know.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:08 PM

Well, I know how you feel, but I am still sticking with my team (in NFL). My college team is kicking a$$ so no problems there (Michigan), but in the NFL, Green Bay isnt doing very well, but you SHOULD stick by them, if your a fan

Old 11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
VP

You can have a favorite cheer Leader ????
quote:

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I dunno, I think I have a favorite but it upon closer inspection of the team cheerleader page they all look the same.

At any rate, Georgia sucks this year! But I still love em. 4 losses in a row including..eck... Kentucky...

Old 11-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Oh thats chicken ****, I guess you loved them when we won the Championship, you can be pissed off because they lost,but to say you are giving up!! Sure they blew it but come on, its better than last year. Give Cuttcliff some time they may come around.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:30 PM

lol i can tell you exactly why tennessee lost.... its pretty much my fault, lol

i ve always lived in lsu territory, only like 45 minutes from the stadium, and this girl i know who actually lived within walking distance from there has recently moved to tennessee. well, we're on the phone as im watching the game and she makes a comment as to how lsu is going to get stomped and how she hates them, and i explained to her that its just against the rules to move somewhere and instantly adopt their local teams and that if god heard about this, he would probably strike her with lightning. at that point, i dropped to a knee and prayed that she be taught a lesson.

so anyway, sorry lol

Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 PM

In baseball, i was a Don Mattingly fan as a kid so i rooted for the Yankees for ever, but when the Nationals moved into town i've now switched teams. Luckily for me, i have the hometown rule. Plus, i'm switching whole leagues and currently rooting for a loser (moving from a winner). If anyone tries to call me out for switching, i tell simply tell them i had sex with their wife.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't know what the bi-law would state, but in Flip's case moving from a juggernaut to a loser has got to be okay, since he is not improving his station (like taking a drop in golf).