CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

About to get PISSED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to get PISSED!!!!

so a week and a half ago my r/r went out and i was stuck on the side of the road for 30 min while 100 ppl from school drove by. ....extremely embarrassing

so today i finally got my r/r in, why it took a week and half i have no freakin clue??? installed my new r/r with cpu paste under it, put in a new headlight bulb, charged the battery for about two hours on slow charge, and put the bike back together....wasn't much off it though.

anyways......

it started on the 5 try but it sounded real awful. like it was only hittin one or two cylinders. (then i get mad) i call it quits for a while cause i am mad and go to town to eat. while in town i see like 20 bikes and i get even madder cause mine is broke down, i don't know why, and i haven't ridden it in almost two weeks. i am very attached to this bike if you couldn't tell

i come home and tear it down again and get my service manual and see what the voltages and continuity should be for the r/r, stator, and battery figuring i should do that first since thats what was wrong in the first place. they all checked out perfect (glad it wasn't the stator....i'm poor) i then remove the gas tank and air box getting ready to check the spark plugs since it sounded to me like it was hitting one or two cylinders.

it starts to storm like ****in hell so i go inside just about pissed, and end up writing this a few seconds later.

anybody have any ideas about what is wrong with this god forsaken beast that i love so much???

i'm swamped with homework for finals, can't find a job for anything, unfortunately still live at home with mom the strictest person and biggest religious nut you ever met and this is the one thing i have to just get me away from everything and be alone, feel free, and not worry about anything.....this bike is what keeps me outta the crazy house. no lie!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

charged the battery for about two hours on slow charge,
New battery needs to be charged for 12-14 hours, hoss ! Probably not enough juice getting to the cylinders.
Charge it up and try again. Bikes generally don't start charging the battery under 3000RPM unless you have an aftermarket.
My thinking - may not be your answer, but try it.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:30 AM

it wasn't a new battery though. just the old one. i checked it with voltometer and thought i would bring it back to peak before i tried starting it. it wasn't very low but i thought what the hell might as well do it.

i have been checking things all morning and so far i got two dry plugs and two wet plugs. i checked the connector going to the plugs and it wasn't getting any current. (weird since it was firing last night???) i did a simple test on the computer box and its fine. my start switch is a little loose though, could this be my problem?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM

after a bunch more checking of things i finally think i have figured it out. i believe its the relay going to the fuel pump. when i turn the key the pump doesn't prime.

usually when i turn the key on i can see the pump "jump" a little bit right when it kicks on.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your coil leads, if you have two not firing may be a coil.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:34 PM

ya thats the first thing i checked once i took the spark plugs out saw that two were wet n two were dry.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 PM

If it's the fuel pump just bypass it and run it gravity feed, I saw in another post that these bikes run fine that way. My fuel pump went bad to and the bike would feel like it's running on two cylinders. Wish I would have seen the post to just eliminate the fuel pump before I replaced it.