Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow this guy pissed me off

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow this guy pissed me off

I rode to work today and a guy I hardly know says, "oh cool a bike" and promptly jumps on it without asking me. I tell him to get off and then he asks me if he can take it for a spin. Now this guy is an adult in his 60s, practically a grandpa and he's only ridden a dirt bike. He is still sitting on it while I am asking politely (cuz he is older; I must do what confucius says) for him to get off.

He continues by talking about motorcycles and how he knows so much blah blah blah even though it has been 20 years since hes been on one!

I tell him no for taking it for a joy ride but he just keeps sitting on the bike popping the clutch rapidly and yanking the throttle back and forth; apparently demonstrating something he saw on TV.
Lots of violent things are now running through my mind

my god what do I DO?!

sorry had to vent

and about people how havent rode for 20 years, is it a good idea to let them take a 600cc for a spin? or should I tell them to **** off? Cuz if it is a choice between being an ******* vs my bike getting dropped, I would be an ******* and tell them sorry

later that night.....

Alright this is gay same thing happened to me again but this time it is another adult. I turned on the bike to warm it up and I go inside my office to grab my stuff. An adult with a smoke in his hand is on my bike revving it and he wants to take it for a spin. WTF I tell him I need to go right nowlease get off. and as soon as he gets off I gun it out of there cuz I dont want to chat with him and I was pretty annoyed.

NEVER EVER bringing my bike to work again. These guys dont know respect; and it's not like they are near my age, they are 50+

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 06-01-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM

I wouldn't let someone take mine for a spin because I would be worried about liability concerns. Someone gets hurt and sues YOU!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

just tell him No you dont let anyone ride your motorcycle and then just remember "When a man's knowledge is sufficient to attain, and his virtue is not sufficient to enable him to hold, whatever he may have gained, he will lose again. "

Old 06-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Id tell him NO, and I wouldn't let you ride my wife either!

The guy is obviously a nut, he's probley short on his meds or something. I wouldn't care if he's 60+ id have forced him off.

He's still a stranger after all

Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM

I don't even like it when some one I know well sits on my bike without me telling them they can. I've had friends that can't see why I got so mad at them when all they did was sit on it. It's not a Huffy, not anyone can just hop on and ride it around.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:47 PM

the only people I have ever let ride my bike are my closest riding friends. No one else will. I have been asked so many times, I have no problem laughing at people and telling them no way. I have a few really good friends that dont ride that have asked me, they get the same response as everyone else, a laugh and no way...

As far as some guy walking up and sitting on my bike. I have never had that happen. Im pretty sure if some guy has the ***** to walk up to my bike and sit on it, he has the ***** to take what ever he has coming to him in verbal abuse. If he doesn't get off when I ask, Im not sure what would happen, but it wouldnt be pretty.

i wouldnt worry about being as ******* to this type of guy. His attitude screams ******* so he has it coming.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:25 PM

Your post brought back the memories! I had a squid biker sit on my track bike when I went into the house for something. I come outside and this goof is pretending to be Ben Spies or something. I told him to get off instantly, but I never wanted to be around him again for fear of expressing the anger I didnt forget. You NEVER EVER sit on someones bike without asking. Thats like one of the commandments..

Now I'm pissed again just thinking about it!!!!!!

:-)

p.s.-- You have to be able to have told him, 'excuse me but I dont like people sitting on my bike.' If you wait for him to get off on his own you're just asking for hours of self hatred later. Sometimes you have to act like a ***** to people. Its not what we want, but sometimes you have to.

Last edited by motorcycle5; 06-01-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Just had an idea: secretly get his email address and post it here for us. We'll do the rest.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
I rode to work today and a guy I hardly know says, "oh cool a bike" and promptly jumps on it without asking me. I tell him to get off and then he asks me if he can take it for a spin. Now this guy is an adult in his 60s, practically a grandpa and he's only ridden a dirt bike. He is still sitting on it while I am asking politely (cuz he is older; I must do what confucius says) for him to get off.

He continues by talking about motorcycles and how he knows so much blah blah blah even though it has been 20 years since hes been on one!

I tell him no for taking it for a joy ride but he just keeps sitting on the bike popping the clutch rapidly and yanking the throttle back and forth; apparently demonstrating something he saw on TV.
Lots of violent things are now running through my mind

my god what do I DO?!

sorry had to vent

and about people how havent rode for 20 years, is it a good idea to let them take a 600cc for a spin? or should I tell them to **** off? Cuz if it is a choice between being an ******* vs my bike getting dropped, I would be an ******* and tell them sorry
me i would say hes had enough warning pull im off and give the ******** a good hiding

Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM

Alright this is gay same thing happened to me again but this time it is another adult. I turned on the bike to warm it up and I go inside my office to grab my stuff. An adult with a smoke in his hand is on my bike revving it and he wants to take it for a spin. WTF I tell him I need to go right nowlease get off. and as soon as he gets off I gun it out of there cuz I dont want to chat with him and I was pretty annoyed.

NEVER EVER bringing my bike to work again. These guys dont know respect; and it's not like they are near my age, they are 50+

Quick Reply: Wow this guy pissed me off