2000 CBR600F4/FY Running Issues - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

2000 CBR600F4/FY Running Issues

Old 02-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Default 2000 CBR600F4/FY Running Issues

Hey,

So my year 2000 CBR600F4/FY has been encountering running issues.
The first instance was when I went to start the engine and all was well, no problem. I then went to set off when the engine started to run rough and couldnít put any power down. Eventually the bike died, started up a few more times before I couldnít get it to start any longer.

I got the bike recovered back home and started to fault find. I first went to replace the fuel pump as it seemed to not run even with it being shorted straight to the battery.

Replaced the fuel fuel pump and the bike started up, no problem!

I then went for a ride and all was well for about 30 minutes, but then it started to run rough again like it was starving of fuel or it was running on less than 4 cylinders.

I managed to nurse the bike to my destination, constantly starting the bike up again and again and a few minutes down the road it would just end up dying.

At at this point Iím quite stumped what to check next? Any ideas?

Iím not sure if itís fuel related or ignition related?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!