CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

WOW CBR F3 fast bugger, not a new rider bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOW CBR F3 fast bugger, not a new rider bike

i would 100% recommend an f2/f3 as a great starter bike.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:38 AM

F3 was a great starter bike for me. It's very forgiving and easy to control. To get used to the throttle, try keeping your right wrist down towards the ground. Basically, your knuckles will be pointing up rather than forward towards the brake lever. Using this technique with your wrist will not allow much room for twisting the throttle back. This should help to maintain the "snappy" throttle of a sport bike.

Like others have said in here. Go with what's comfortable and not out of your abilities. I had the same feelings the first few weeks with my F3, but after a while I started to find the limits more and more. I know that if I had bought a smaller 500cc bike or something similar, that I would've been bored with it within a few months at best. I would've enjoyed it, but would've ended up selling it just to find an F3 instead. I decided to just go straight to the F3 and continued to ride within my abilities. I also have a lot of experience with racing automobiles and high hp cars, which helps somewhat with teh speed sensation and one's ability to focus at high speeds, etc.. but, either way, with practice and riding time, virtually anyone can overcome any doubts.

Hope this helps, good luck!!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 AM

DarkNinja75 and I are coming from the same place here -

the trouble with this 'debate' is that everyone involved is pretty passionate about riding.We're all 'hooked.' None of us are sitting here saying "I got spooked by (or wrecked)my(insert bike here)and will never ride again."

With that in mind, we all have the "it worked for me, it'll work for anyone else" mentality.

An F3 (or hell, a CBR 1000) cando fine as a'beginner bike'in then hands of a cautious and responsible person, but more power = greater chance for a problem. No one ever got hurt stalling, or bogging their engine.

All things are relative. In my OPINION (please feel free to disagree, just don't expect to change my mind), the perfect beginner bike has about 50-60 hp and a low-ish seat height. for shorter, lighter people, you could reasonably lower that hp number to whatever the EX250 puts out.

Again, that's just my opinion, and it's a matter of preference for the person learning. a good starter bike for me might be too much or not enough power for someone else.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Well to update this thread, the misses kept the bike. I lowered it and she is enjoying it. She haven't been out all by herself yet, I always been her excort. But, for me observing her riding, she be ok with the 600 as a started bike. It was more of me, than her about starting on the 6. But she is good.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 AM

As long as she takes it easy, she'll be fine. My old F3 was my 1st bike and I still have it (after 4 others). I still love this one the most for all around riding. I would recommend it to anyone for a 1st.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:38 PM

The first bike I owned after takin the DMV motorcycle course for license was a 93 f2. Good starter bike I rode for a yr. now Ive moved up to a 96 f3 and this bike moves. CBRs are defintely my 1st choice type ofbike. then r6s