CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

what do you think the problem is?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think the problem is?

so my bike has been running the best it ever has through much tlc. iridium plugs were put in about a month ago. (probably less than 50 miles have been put on them because im mid resto) bike started up and ran fine 2 days ago. i just put a HID kit on and the batt was low from taking before and after pictures..i had to jump the bike. as soon as it started it didnt sound right. kinda like it was low on fuel. turned it off, added fuel. started it back up and after a few minutes, still didnt sound right and it died out on me. i havent tried any kind of troubleshooting as of yet since it late, but what are your thoughts before i head into it tomorrow?
this is running with full choke, inconsistent, backfires and sputters..

YouTube - ‪cbrf3‬‏

and after warming up, without choke, started as normal idle then consistently slows down. bike died about 2 seconds after the video stops..

*note, i put in a back up r/r that i have, and it made no difference.

thanks in advance

YouTube - ‪cbrf3‬‏

Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best suggestion I can come up with is go back to, before last change when it ran well. Try disconnecting the HID's, see if they are a causing a short or overload to the system. From your post that is where the change occured. good luck.
Ern

Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you check to make sure all your coils are good, and its running on all 4?
I would doubt its electrical, unless its something with your cdi, and then usually it wont even crank.

Hows your fuel setup... pump, direct line?
Did you do the low speed air bypass?

My bike acted super funny like that and it was related to the hoses not being connected properly

Old 06-18-2011, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Best suggestion I can come up with is go back to, before last change when it ran well. Try disconnecting the HID's, see if they are a causing a short or overload to the system. From your post that is where the change occured. good luck.
Ern
good point. definitely will give that a go...

Old 06-18-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
I would doubt its electrical, unless its something with your cdi, and then usually it wont even crank.

Hows your fuel setup... pump, direct line?
Did you do the low speed air bypass?

My bike acted super funny like that and it was related to the hoses not being connected properly
havent tested the coils, i plan to dump all my gas tomorrow. and if still bad, i plan on finding a write up and giving it a go. i think idodirt has one floating around here somewhere..

fuel is pump and filter. filter never really looked too bad. from what i was told from the last owner, (actually good friend) it had a rebuilt pump put on within 5k miles. and i had gone through the carbs really well within the past 500 miles..
and yes. the air solenoid is disconnected

Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
yeah that what i was thinking its dropped a cylinder, sounds like a lawn mower.... check for spark on all 4.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
havent tested the coils, i plan to dump all my gas tomorrow. and if still bad, i plan on finding a write up and giving it a go. i think idodirt has one floating around here somewhere..

fuel is pump and filter. filter never really looked too bad. from what i was told from the last owner, (actually good friend) it had a rebuilt pump put on within 5k miles. and i had gone through the carbs really well within the past 500 miles..
and yes. the air solenoid is disconnected
mine acted kinda funny till i re sync'd after the solenoid bypass, and when i jetted it idled in a 500rpm fluctuation.

i cant tell honestly, but it sounds to me (from the vid) that the bike isnt running on all 4's unless thats a weird echo

Old 06-18-2011, 03:06 PM

yea, it definitely wasnt running on all four. but like i had a suspicion of, it was bad fuel. i drained the tank and emptied the fuel bowls, put about a quarter tank of fresh gas in, and its running great like before now... went on about a 5 mile ride and no problems whatsoever. thanks for all the input guys..

Old 06-19-2011, 02:34 AM

good news