CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Waahoo, spring is here kinda sorta (some pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same mirrors and it seems like you have you right and left mixed up.

Also, your first photo is a good representation of why I hate tire huggers, yuk!

Other than that, the stock r/r is iffy to look at!

But great bike man, nice work!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Sorry for bumping after several days.

Originally Posted by suzuki2903
i wonder if a f4 or rr seat could be used with that tail section? im wanting to get one but not to excited about sitting on foam for long rides. also how does that tail section mount to the f3? is it like oem or bolt on?
The tail is a full piece, but I guess you could attach a "real" seat to it, I don't know how the F4/RR seats are attached.
My tail is mounted to the front upper fairing only. One screw on each side.
The taillight fits exactly inside the back of it, and holds that end in place.
The foam is not so uncomfortable, really (but be sure to get the racing saddle foam if you go that route). Had a 165 mile long ride the day before yesterday, and it's not a problem.

Originally Posted by cbr600-95
That's a nice bike! Did you do all the paint work and everything yourself?

Jason
Originally I did, but I boobed up a little on the tank and decided I'd better have it done professionally

Originally Posted by f3BikeR
I have the same mirrors and it seems like you have you right and left mixed up.

Also, your first photo is a good representation of why I hate tire huggers, yuk!

Other than that, the stock r/r is iffy to look at!

But great bike man, nice work!
Thanks, I don't know about the mirrors. I tried 'em both ways and thought they looked best this way
If I flip them, IMO they lay too flat, and with the DB windscreen they seem so low.
My personal opinion and taste there.
Yeah, I've been looking at my hugger, LOL. It's not very contemporary looking. I decided to at least keep it on there when I saw how much crap it collects from the rear wheel.
I guess I could do something with it, but it's not going away anytime soon. I ride all sorts of weather.

Hey don't talk about my R/R, it might hear us! LOL!
It's in the back of my head, the bike has 40-some thousand miles on it and something should break sooner or later.
I'll use it until it gives up. Maybe I have the one R/R that won't crumble and break?

Have a great season (for those who have a "season", that is), everybody!
Gunnar

Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Thanks, I don't know about the mirrors. I tried 'em both ways and thought they looked best this way
If I flip them, IMO they lay too flat, and with the DB windscreen they seem so low.
My personal opinion and taste there.
Oh okay, I guess they're fitting that way on your bike.

Yeah, I've been looking at my hugger, LOL. It's not very contemporary looking. I decided to at least keep it on there when I saw how much crap it collects from the rear wheel.
I guess I could do something with it, but it's not going away anytime soon. I ride all sorts of weather.
I do dislike the mud that gets thrown onto the coilover and swingarm, not having the hugger. But I think the look of it without is much more appealing than the occasional mud stains.

Hey don't talk about my R/R, it might hear us! LOL!
It's in the back of my head, the bike has 40-some thousand miles on it and something should break sooner or later.
I'll use it until it gives up. Maybe I have the one R/R that won't crumble and break?
I wouldn't have minded mine just dying on me, but I would have minded the damage it would have brought with it (kills the battery it's overcharging). And since my battery is a SEALED, maintanence-free battery, it wouldn't take the overcharge well at all!

As a preventative measure, I installed the r/r from a '07 yamaha r6s on mine the other week