CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Big thankyous and a kinda goodbye sorta...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thankyous and a kinda goodbye sorta...

Hi Guys, so a small update from me...I'm sorry to say that I've passed on my F1 a couple of weeks ago. I was really sad to say goodbye to the old girl after doing a fair amount of basic work to her. I think I passed her on in better condition than I found her. Much of my learning about the bike and my successes working on her came from using this part of the forum and advice given by you guys. Corruptfile, Tahoerider and ern in particular helped out a great deal and gave excellent instructions so thank you very much. The F1 is a really excellent bike and I reckon I'll have another one one day. That said I've picked up another CBR, an F3 and a project so will still need plenty of ideas from the members on that part of the forum. I'm hoping to document what I do with the bike in photos and videos on youtube for anyone who dares to waste their life looking at them

I'm off now to introduce myself and the bike to the F3 section so, thanks again for all your help and I'll keep checking out what's going on here from time to time.

Roger

Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well at least you got another CBR

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear the old girl went, but you got a suitable replacement! Post up some picks when you get the chance. And please keep stopping by, seems there are fewer and fewer of us all the time.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:47 PM

Hey guys, so just to show you what I got the other day to take the place of my old 'cane. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this here lol.

Rog

Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM
June 2013 ROTM

Looks awesome Rog. Pretty clean from the pictures, what's wrong with it that you say it's a project? Does it run at least?!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 PM

Runs like a champ, it's tested and taxed for a full year. It just needs a few small things sorting - like the swing arm has some surface rust but is solid and the sprockets look like they have 19 yrs worth of grease built up on them. I'm going to put a stock exhaust on again. I guess some people wouldn't call it a project at all

Old 04-23-2014, 11:47 PM
June 2013 ROTM

I'd throw my leg over it for sure.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 PM

Nice F3! I hate selling anything I spend time fixing up too, but I have to say the newer version is a lot better bike. I did enjoy seeing the progress videos & pics of the F1 too though. You don't have to stop posting here just because you sold the bike either

Old 04-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Yeah I keep thinking about the amount of time I spent on the F1 and I'm like "what have i done?!" Looking over the new bike alot of the maintainance issues are the same as what I did before so I'm thinking "I just did that why did I get this thing?". I noticed last night that the oil filter is further over below jug 4 kinda thing and is easier to get to. The cct is below jug 4 too which is lucky cuz I can here the chain a bit The seat is a little easier to get off too...You should hear it running with that ART can on - it's ridiculous - like a subaru impreza or something and there's no way on earth I'm gonna get away with it on where I live.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:56 PM

It's a huge difference in performance with the updated suspension & the wider wheels & tires, not to mention the better performing engine. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Big thankyous and a kinda goodbye sorta...