CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

trouble starting 1995 F3 (spark plugs??)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by absntminded
hey, you say it takes you 5 mins to change them... please tell me what tool you use to do that cause I was having a hard time getting to those middle to with that air box right there... I had taken it off to get to them originally but still couldnt really get the angle in there..
you can literally get to all 4 by only removing the engine bay fairings. (the small ones that have air slots in them)

they make a special toolkit for the f3 which you can get on ebay (got mine for 12.00) which has tools that allow you to do the job in a matter of minutes, however Idodirt's method works just fine, and the only difference in his tools and the toolkit, is the socket part which grabs the sparkplug bends and allows it to curve out (so it doesnt bump the airbox/frame when gettting it out). it also has a rubber gasket which holds the plug and allows you to pull it out without using your fingers.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug removal

not seeing anything like that on ebay... ill search around for it... any thoughts on the charging? do i need to go out and get something or can i just jump it from another bike or a car?

Old 01-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Guess ill replace that too while I'm in there... but any thoughts on how to access the middle two spark plugs?
hey man you don't have to take your carbs off unless you want to. what I did and it was really easy, and a lot less work. just drop your radiator you don't even have to take it off then remove the airbox you will see behind the radiator then POW! go to the top of the bike where your tank was and you can see them right there easy as homemade pie! really making homemade pie is a bi** but I'm you get get what I mean lol.

hope you get her running again!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not seeing anything like that on ebay... ill search around for it... any thoughts on the charging? do i need to go out and get something or can i just jump it from another bike or a car?
they sell motorcycle trickle chargers at walmart for like 17 bucks.
you can jump it from a car, however, make sure the car is not running.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Just get a 5/8 spark plug socket and a 2" extension. Put a little oil on the inside of the spark plug socket so that it still will hold the sparkplug in it, but not so tight that it will cause the socket to separate from the 2" extension when you pull it back out
I found a magnetic plug socket does the trick (same methodology otherwise) - although I did end up with a serious case of "Mechanics Knuckles" and the neighbours may not have appreciated some of the language coming from my mouth - it *is* possible to get to all 4 plugs without removing anything other than the side fairings.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Default all done

replaced the fuel pump relay and fuel pump... got a trickle charger and charged her all up... still wont start. so i guess im back to the spark plugs. can anyone find me a link to the tools I would need to change the plugs out easily as mentioned in some of these posts? thanks for all the help!