CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

trouble starting 1995 F3 (spark plugs??)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, thanks for the video... I will try that if the new fuel pump doesnt work (I practically had the bike apart looking just like the guy did in that tutorial so thats a great help). bout to order a new pump as soon as I have the money (seem to run about 120-150 for a new one), will install as soon as I get it and see if it fires up... fingers crossed. if not, I will continue with the plug changing... should be fun. Thanks for the help and I will report back soon!

Last edited by absntminded; 11-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Default stupid question

I have the fuel pump off, ready to replace... where the hell is the fuel pump relay?? I have gone through the whole manual... and can not find its location. I am sure I am staring right at it I just dont know what I am looking for, cant find a vid on it either.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM

its on the right side rear right beside the ecm its a 3 plug wire. and there is a way to test it by unpluging the conn and crossing 2 of the wires if your pump is good it will kick it on and if not it wont do anything. it does talk about that in the manual.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Default brands??

Originally Posted by asides
check the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay the relay is esay to check. everybody told me aw they never go out. but after spend 150 bucks on a fuel pump and it still not kick on the 40 buck relay on and she fired right up.
Any body got a suggestion on brands for the pump and relay? I found an oem pump for 120...

Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Default parts

ok well i ordered the OEM cut off relay and new pump... guess we'll see how it goes... ill report back after replacing those 2 parts.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Default fuel

just put the pipe from the carbs straight onto the tank (gravity feed)to see if it starts if it does its a fuel pump problem.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:08 PM

man yall are makin this guy buy all kinds of parts before he even determines if they are bad or not!!! wtf!!!

sorry, but i disagree with most of the replies on here. i agree with idodirt about the spark plugs though, takes me 5 minutes to change them, and you dont have to remove anything (except fairings if you have them ). and 40 dollars for spark plugs???? theyre 8 bucks at autozone for a 4pack of autolite 4303.

suprised kurioshio or spicy didnt step in and stop all this madness of the replies tellin this guy to go buy this, go buy that... when he doesnt even know whats wrong with the bike. cmon now.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 PM

i never said to buy anything only to check them first and u dont want to run them plugs they dont have the right thread on them

Old 12-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Default replaced parts

well I replaced the pump and relay... wasnt too expensive. and, of course the battery is drained now... prob from trying to start it so many times and then letting it sit almost a month. the battery is new, I had to replace it when I got the bike since it was shot. should I get a charger of some sort or would a car jump be safe to do? any thoughts on that?
also, i did replace one of the plugs... but stopped cause I wanted to try the fuel theory first(thought it would be easier since I was having a hardtime getting to the middle 2 plugs) . I dont know squat about that gravity feed thing so I figured since the bikes old and I dont know whats been swapped out and what hasnt I would just replace the parts.
if i still cant get it started I think I am just going to bring it into a honda bike shop since I may be over my head here...

Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by intiractive
man yall are makin this guy buy all kinds of parts before he even determines if they are bad or not!!! wtf!!!

sorry, but i disagree with most of the replies on here. i agree with idodirt about the spark plugs though, takes me 5 minutes to change them, and you dont have to remove anything (except fairings if you have them ). and 40 dollars for spark plugs???? theyre 8 bucks at autozone for a 4pack of autolite 4303.

suprised kurioshio or spicy didnt step in and stop all this madness of the replies tellin this guy to go buy this, go buy that... when he doesnt even know whats wrong with the bike. cmon now.
hey, you say it takes you 5 mins to change them... please tell me what tool you use to do that cause I was having a hard time getting to those middle to with that air box right there... I had taken it off to get to them originally but still couldnt really get the angle in there..

Quick Reply: trouble starting 1995 F3 (spark plugs??)