CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Took her out today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been in the 70s the past week, mid 60s this week. Im in NC. However my bike is covered under boxes, car parts, etc... AGH i need to start working on it again!!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by andyriot
been out the past few days... lovely Florida
Hey andyriot, glad to see you're out there putting some miles on it. I take it that it's starting up ok with the new starter.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Hey andyriot, glad to see you're out there putting some miles on it. I take it that it's starting up ok with the new starter.
Hey there, yeah its fantastic now it starts every time! That was such a nightmare, but thanks to this fantastic forum I not only got an affordable starter but tips and instructions on how to replace it myself. This place is such an invaluable resource.

Have you enjoyed any of these warmer days?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

That's great... yea we get out as often as we can. Looks like its going to be a great year for riding.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM

no doubt. i cant wait for this season to be in full swing. picked up some nice fresh new michelin pilot powers to rip it up with AND their the actual stock sizes which should handle much better than it has been. when i bought the bike the tires he had on it were pretty new so i havent had to change them until now, but he was running a 180 on the back and i just know its been affecting my cornering. cant wait to get out on the new PP's

Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to jacking the thread. So what areas have you been riding in there in the Tampa Bay area ? Up North, or out East ?

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM

No worries about jacking the thread, it just makes me want to fly down there and pop you all in the nose. lol

So do you guys ride all year, or do you stop riding in the "winter"?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 AM

@IDoDirt I ride anywhere really, but the "good" roads are a little bit north of me yeah. I dont get to go up there too often because I dont really have anyone to ride with. I know a few guys that ride harleys, and one buddy that rides a sportbike but I never see him. Im just satisfied with being on 2 wheels, though it would be nice to have riding buddys. (been trying to talk a friend into getting a bike)

@Frank Pretty much year round for me... Our winter was one of the coldest this year and it still only got to low 40s high 30s -- and yes i rode into work at the buttcrack of dawn in below 50s. Granted, there were days where i said screw it id rather drive, but my bike is my daily driver here.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been riding "all year" with a couple stops when it dropped below 45. Keep a rain suit with you and you're good to go 350 days of the year in my book.

Yea Andy I'd be interested to hear where you ride... I meet up with a buddy from Tampa who also rides a 98 F3 a bunch and we usually meet about halfway on I4 and work our way up north toward the Ocala National forest. There's a fair amount of curvey roads up there and not too many smokies to bother you.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll PM you next time we work on a ride if you're interested, Andy. What we do is meet up at exit 44 on i4 there and just head north from there. It's about as nice of riding as I've been able to find here in FL. We do tend to open it up a little when we get out into the back-country, just so you know what you might be getting into.

Quick Reply: Took her out today...