CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Timing problems? I think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of how well the fuel filter flows I would change it out. Also change the fuel pump or bypass it to gravity feed.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM

I ordered a new fuel pump switch and it should be here end of this week so Ima switch that out and HOPE that fixes my issue. Next thing. I don't really wana do a gravity fed cuz I dont wana flood out the carbs.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM

ok so the bike is fixed and I'm a bit perturbed as well as irate at what the issue was. Seems that last week when I unplugged 2 separate plugs just under the gauge cluster when I was putting on my new street fighter headlight and I plugged them back in when I was done (this was before I had my issue) well today I was out looking at the bike again and for I dont know what reason I unplugged those same two wires and plugged them back in and figured I'd take the bike out for one last sputter-putter before I parked it til the mechanic came out to fix it and when I hit the road I WAS GONE...L...M...A...O... ya so now its back to running order and apparently those 2 plugs had something to do with my gauge cluster cuz when it started acting up the gauges didn't work...well now they work and so does the bike so if anyone knows what the issue was, I'd be glad to be enlightened.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM

im havng the exact same problem on my 2001 929rr.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:09 AM

I'm having the same issue on my 98 F3 right now. Bugging the **** out of my. Just put a new ECU on it

Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ICEmonky
ok so the bike is fixed and I'm a bit perturbed as well as irate at what the issue was. Seems that last week when I unplugged 2 separate plugs just under the gauge cluster when I was putting on my new street fighter headlight and I plugged them back in when I was done (this was before I had my issue) well today I was out looking at the bike again and for I dont know what reason I unplugged those same two wires and plugged them back in and figured I'd take the bike out for one last sputter-putter before I parked it til the mechanic came out to fix it and when I hit the road I WAS GONE...L...M...A...O... ya so now its back to running order and apparently those 2 plugs had something to do with my gauge cluster cuz when it started acting up the gauges didn't work...well now they work and so does the bike so if anyone knows what the issue was, I'd be glad to be enlightened.

Im glad to year your bike is running well now.

Also I have been running on gravity feed fuel system for the past year now and have never had it flood my carbs. If you wanna save a buck go gravity, the only thing Ive noticed is that at really high rpm's 11k+ enough fuel doesnt get to the carbs and it dies.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ICEmonky
the reason that was...is because your instrument cluster works hand in hand with your air solenoid valve. once you hit a certain speed (said to be 12 mph, was more like 25 on mine) the solenoid valve switches from the tube air intake (air supplied from idle to 12 mph) to the ram air intake (air supplied from 12 mph+)
without getting the say so from your gauges, the solenoid was kept on the tubed air supply side and never switched over. which actually led your engine to be starved of AIR not fuel.
had you not been able to fix it by messing with your gauge plugs, you can also do a temp fix, by unplugging the solenoid. which will keep it on your ram air intake entirely, and keep you riding...

Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Default CBR 600 Sputter

my bike is doing the exact same thing... I have replace the fuel line to the filter cause mine was severed when I moved my tank, I replaced the spark plugs, I just don't want to rebuild the carbs... nightmare! Did you ever fix your bike? Let me know what you did and didn't do please

Old 05-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
the reason that was...is because your instrument cluster works hand in hand with your air solenoid valve. once you hit a certain speed (said to be 12 mph, was more like 25 on mine) the solenoid valve switches from the tube air intake (air supplied from idle to 12 mph) to the ram air intake (air supplied from 12 mph+)
without getting the say so from your gauges, the solenoid was kept on the tubed air supply side and never switched over. which actually led your engine to be starved of AIR not fuel.
had you not been able to fix it by messing with your gauge plugs, you can also do a temp fix, by unplugging the solenoid. which will keep it on your ram air intake entirely, and keep you riding...
I'm having the exact same problem with my 1998 cbr 600 f3, it runs good until i shift it into 3rd, however i've been testing it without the cluster plugged in ( been doing alot of work to the whole bike) so when my new spring comes in for my carb hopefull this will fix it when i plug in the cluster again. does anyone else have an idea of what this might be?