CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Some people shouldnt own motorcycles....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people shouldnt own motorcycles....

Was cleaning my carbs (yet agaaainnnn ) and i replaced all my fuel lines and saw some electrical tape on the wires going to the fuel pump. so i took the black cap off the bottom, and found this:

so i soldered and fixed that. i was mad at first... but them i remembered that the previous owner(s) did this:

who knows what some people got goin on in their minds. ANYWAYS. yeah i was cleaning the carbs cause i got BAD GASOLINE from the CITGO gas station by my house. didnt know it. i worked out of town for a while and the bike sat there and it jelled up in the float bowls. nasty nasty stuff. i cleaned them out all good and put everything back together and put the gas tank up on a shelf and put a very small amount of fuel in there and ran a fuel line to the fuel pump and got the bike warmed up then when it was choking out of fuel i dumped sea foam into the tank, let it suck that through and let it sit like the can said. then came back and poured a gallon of gas in the tank and revved the **** out of her and cleaned her out. havent ever had a better throttle response than now.

side note: i got vapor lock on the gas tank while i was letting it run after it was warmed up. i never got vapor lock on the tank while it was bolted to the bike. any ideas? it was choking out and i was like ok must be empty so i took the lid off and it was a force holding it down and i took it off and it hissed in, and the bike started running like normal.

Last edited by intiractive; 10-24-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 PM

Oh man, I wouldn't have bought that bike knowing the wiring ****... who the hell knows what else they did...

Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM

You don't have your vents capped do you? Might be a little too obvious but blocking those is the only way your tank will build vacuum like that.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 PM

I feel your pain. After my wreck I started going through all my wiring and re-looming it to make it all pretty and clean- I found 4 places where the PO had cut some wires, twisted them together, put some super glue over them and wrapped them in so cheap-o electrical tape. Being that electrical work is my career I about cried...LOL

Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by espelade
I feel your pain. After my wreck I started going through all my wiring and re-looming it to make it all pretty and clean- I found 4 places where the PO had cut some wires, twisted them together, put some super glue over them and wrapped them in so cheap-o electrical tape. Being that electrical work is my career I about cried...LOL
Being a man I would have cried... all my wiring has been soldered and heat shrunk... I don't take chances when it comes to electrical...

Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by User Name
You don't have your vents capped do you? Might be a little too obvious but blocking those is the only way your tank will build vacuum like that.
are those those nipples that are side by side in a "Y" configuration in front of the drain nipples? if so, i think they might be clogged up with those mud wasps nests. dirt dobbers or something. the bottom side of my gas tank was muddy when i got it, the PO kept it outside in a barn.

should i stick something small up in there to try and clean them out? please, if you tell me i have to take my carbs off again to clean them... im going to go run out in traffic right now.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 PM

you should be able to get those tubes off without removing carbs...

Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM

When I got my F2 streetbike,the p/o had an HRC jet kit in it,a UNI air filter and a stock pipe.

Ugh.