CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Rectifier

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rectifier

Does anyone know how to diagnose if this is going bad or is bad? My battery has been acting up lately, after a long ride being dead.. then after the same ride back being fully powered...

Could that be what this is? How can I be certain?

Thank you

Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 PM

you need to check the voltage both on and off. id say the R/R is on its way out. test the battery to be sure

Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by billetproof97
you need to check the voltage both on and off. id say the R/R is on its way out. test the battery to be sure
Just threw a new battery in it after it was happening to me, didnt solve it... what do you mean when you say R/R?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 AM

My battery, or so I thought, was acting up last year so I replaced it, but still had problems with it twice. I will ride for like 30 minutes or so, then stop and when i go to start my bike, it is as if my battery is dead. Luckily I have been with a riding buddy both time, so he push started me.

When I returned or got where I was going (another 30 minutes or more), and shut my bike off. Then hit the start button and it fired right up no problem. Leave it sit for a while, starts right up.

Could this be the rectifier? Or the "R/R", whatever that is?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 AM

That sounds a lot like the problem I was having with mine. Replaced the rectifier and all was well. But I am far from an expert, so I would get a 2nd opinion before ordering.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Yep Rectifer/regulator is bad. Replace it. But see what voltage is. I would take that battery out and put it on a trickle charger until you got a new rectifier or a gsxr one.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Oxford do a really good battery charger, just stick it on and it will tell you the condition of the battery.
cant remeber the exact model number of mine but it does the trick. even if your battery is nackered it will tell you and then try and recover it.

had the rectifier go on my bike, i had the same symptoms, changed it and it sorted the problem out.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Battery currently is sitting in my house (dont have a trickle charger and im poor) because its winter so I dont leave it in my bike. But if several others have had the same issue and fixed it with that I might try it.

Are the Regulator and Rectifier one connected thing that people refer to them together? Or is just the Rectifier bad?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 AM

i just bought a r/r from a electrosport, very good customer service, new r/r looks great and has lots of thick heat sinking on it. a lot more heavy duty then the oem one. i would defiantly recommend getting it

http://www.electrosport.com/street-b...uper-duty.html

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM

You can get a cheap walmart trickle charger for about $20 and a battery tender jr is also a recommended charger to hold a battery charge

Quick Reply: Rectifier