CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

No Power to fuel pump HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow man glad to hear ya got it running again. spare parts are always good to have. and next time mark those plug wires with some tape and number them for easy reassembly.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:49 PM

it didnt last long i messed with the idle screw thing and now i cant get it to keep running and soon as i hit the throttle the bike cuts out

its doing my head in and i have till monday to get it right

Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Default fuel pump can stay on and flood air pipes / carbs

hi, new here,
i have a cbr600f 1996, had lots of fun sorting out a fueling problem,
did all pump and relay tests,

then found out that the fuel pump will run very very very well in fact it keeps running and not shuting off as it should, ( when its built up it presure and should stop ) so it will force fuel past the flote shut off needles then fill the carb and cylinder ( no 3 mainly ) then fill up the air in take pipes then wash the floor,

i got a secand hand pump and wired it up on the bench and put my finger over the out let and after 2/3 seconds it stoped , then when you take your finger off it starts again,
the one on the bike even with your finger on the out let it keeps running and running , as some one on here did say the pumps should only come on a bit at a time to keep a bit of presure in the fuel pipe, so when your testing it works also make sure it stops when it should, it took me 3 days of reading and testing to find this out,

Old 07-21-2012, 06:30 PM

its has to be something to do with the wiring

today i put a new fuel pump repair kit on it and nothing has changed

however i tested the fuel pump wires and now "somehow" the pump is getting power when turning over so i am putting it down to some wires may have brakes in them or something?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:44 AM

make sure you fill the carbs up by filling the fuel t junction by hand first, this gives the flotes chance to seat in tight and stops the pump from over powering them and forcing them to stay down, thats the only thing i could put it down to as i removed my carbs 3 times before and every itme they would flood when starting the bike with the pump on it,

before you do this, blow down the fuel t junction pipe and see if its sealed and no gergeling sounds or air is exscaping from the carbs, ( the carbs must be full of fuel to shut them off )

if the pump runs with the pump relay pluged in ( it only supliyes power when the enginie is running ) then the relay is ok, make sure the pump stopes with your finger over the out let pipe ,

see if there is fuel in the air induction pipes that come just out of the back of the carbs, if so the flote needles are not seating tight or are dirty you will find this out by blowing down the fuel pipe ( carbs must be full of fuel for this to work )
the relay gets its power from the coil pack / stop switch / start switch if the pump works and relay work and its hard to blow down the fuel pipe then make sure you are getting a spark on all plugs,
if the bike has been flooding check your oil level as fuel can fill the engine up.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM

today i was playing around as the bike wont fire at all and when i moved the wires around the regulator (i think thats what it is) the thing that is next to the relay it would sort of attempt to start and get to 500 rpm

Q. the back of the regulator has a metal backing. Is that meant to earth out on the frame or is it just a heat sink?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

The bike is running took her out on her maden voyage just a minute ago..

£160 about $300 worth of electrician time today and half of the wiring loom replaced and she runs!

i now have another slight problem

on its first run i noticed that it doesnt like being down around 3-4k revs its almost like it stutters a bit and then its fine i also "think" it was doing the same around 12-13k revs in 4th now the tank just switched onto reserve as i was pulling into my drive so tomorrow its going to get a tank of fresh fuel and im hoping that might fix it but does anyone have any ideas what it might be? i know the air filter needs changing also and the bike has been off the road for about 4 weeks.