CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Need Wiring Help ASAP, Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Wiring Help ASAP, Please

I need some help ASAP wiring my tail light back up. I had a 12v LED light on my bike but it was rather dim so I went out and bought a newer one and when I went to wire it back up it didn't work. I have a 98 CBR600 F3 and if anyone can gimme some quick help I would be EVER so greatful. If you are able to call me at 407-924-3591 or even text, then that would be AWESOME! Thanks in advance to whoever can help me out. Im sittin here outside tryna figure it out now, but I'm gettin nowhere quick.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ICEmonky
I need some help ASAP wiring my tail light back up. I had a 12v LED light on my bike but it was rather dim so I went out and bought a newer one and when I went to wire it back up it didn't work. I have a 98 CBR600 F3 and if anyone can gimme some quick help I would be EVER so greatful. If you are able to call me at 407-924-3591 or even text, then that would be AWESOME! Thanks in advance to whoever can help me out. Im sittin here outside tryna figure it out now, but I'm gettin nowhere quick.
Hey man, have you tried switching the polarity of the cables? LEDs only work with the correct polarity as they are basically diodes. Try red to black and black to red.
Also what was wrong with your stock rear light? I find them bright enough?

G

Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

A friend of mine came FINALLY picked up his phone and came over and helped me out. Lol. I just got the bike about 3 weeks ago and it didn't come with the stock rear lights. Previous owner stripped the plastics and was on his way to a street fighter then stopped. Lol. But basically what was happening was that all the stock wires has maybe 3-4 different wires connected to them which made trying to go by the OEM color codes a pain in my you kno what. We had to strip em all back to the part of the harness thats all wrapped up and run new wires, buuuuuuutt I now have nice new bright LEDs on 'er and she's lookin better yet. Lol