CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My journey of the first Honda

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josiahafelix
If you want a 96 f3 brake light i have one sitting around somewhere you can have, you can also integrate your own signals into the tail lights with a trailer wiring adapter available at any walmart, just an fyi
Really? That would be awesome! Do you happen to have the bracket for it? I guess it's the fender or whatever.

Is there a tutorial on how to use a trailer wiring adapter for integration?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2016, 12:23 PM

This is what ive got, your welcome to it, i did a 98 tail conversion on my bike so i should have everything but the plastic, here is the bracket to mount the light, the light, and the bulbs and bult harness. i looked into the trailer wiring converter while doing my conversion, it wound up being easier for my to just get a light with an integrated turn signal cause i had to replace the light anyways but i dont think those are as easy to come by for a 96. Basically its a adapter that you wire in under the seat and between the harness and light.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modif...-96-f3-107983/

I can probably flat rate these parts to you if you want, you can have the parts if you cover shipping

Attached Thumbnails My journey of the first Honda-20160309_101228.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 12:53 PM

This is what ive got, your welcome to it, i did a 98 tail conversion on my bike so i should have everything but the plastic, here is the bracket to mount the light, the light, and the bulbs and bult harness. i looked into the trailer wiring converter while doing my conversion, it wound up being easier for my to just get a light with an integrated turn signal cause i had to replace the light anyways but i dont think those are as easy to come by for a 96. Basically its a adapter that you wire in under the seat and between the harness and light.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modif...-96-f3-107983/

I can probably flat rate these parts to you if you want, you can have the parts if you cover shipping
Yea that would be cool! Just let me know how much the shipping is.

Just curious, does the brake light bracket just attach to the frame? When I bought mine it didn't have a fender or brake light.

I'll Upload a picture of how I rigged mine up later.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:27 PM

The bracket attaches to the under tail plastic , the same part the rear signals connect to, ill mail them off today, message me with your info

Old 03-09-2016, 09:28 PM

The bracket attaches to the under tail plastic , the same part the rear signals connect to, ill mail them off today, message me with your info
Sorry it took so long to get back. Just figured out that I actually need the plastic under tail for a 96. I actually had to mod the one off the F2 to make it work. If you still have the light later I will pay for shipping. Can't do it right now due to financial stuff.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by igotjesus88
Sorry it took so long to get back. Just figured out that I actually need the plastic under tail for a 96. I actually had to mod the one off the F2 to make it work. If you still have the light later I will pay for shipping. Can't do it right now due to financial stuff.
sounds good, its been in my garage for 3 years so its not going anywhere, good luck with the project

Old 03-11-2016, 09:11 PM

sounds good, its been in my garage for 3 years so its not going anywhere, good luck with the project
Thanks!

Funny thing happened today. I was driving down the road today and got the whole running out of gas symptoms. Then the bike shut off on me. Couldn't crank it for nothing! Tried cranking it a of couple times in fear of my battery dying. Reached down and noticed my fuel pump had unplugged. .. Plugged it back in and the bike cranked right up.

They say your bike can run without the fuel pump. Well, mine won't even crank without it.

That was the second time the fuel pump gave me problems. The first time I was driving down the road and I got the run outta gas symptoms. Finally I ended up hitting the fuel pump a couple times and the pump started working. I broke down and got a Honda fuel pump instead of the junk the previous owner put on there. Of course I could've rebuilded it. But, I'd rather have the real deal.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:36 AM

You can run without, you just bypass it completely, it blocks the flow if you leave it in unplugged but you can gravity feed by pulling the line that leaves the pump toward the carbs and plugging that strait into your tank. Ive only done it for diagnostic purposes and it worked fine but i have read you may have problems above 10k if you run it alot like that

Old 03-14-2016, 07:52 PM

You can run without, you just bypass it completely, it blocks the flow if you leave it in unplugged but you can gravity feed by pulling the line that leaves the pump toward the carbs and plugging that strait into your tank. Ive only done it for diagnostic purposes and it worked fine but i have read you may have problems above 10k if you run it alot like that
Oh yea. Duh on my part lol . Ofcourse it wont work with the pump in the way unplugged. I'd rather just keep the fuel pump. The bike came with one for a reason. One thing I wont do, is cheap out on it. OEM is the best.

BTW, did you read the post I posted on your thread josiahafelix?