CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

"I'm a fair-weather rider myself..."

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "I'm a fair-weather rider myself..."

I swear if I hear that one more time I'm going to smack someone.

What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway? I know what it's literal meaning is, but what the hell. Because I choose to ride every possible day, including cold and wet days, I have to hear your ignorant, snooty-like comments? Fine, you need it to be 80 degrees plus before you get the bike out - good for you. I think you're a bit uptight, but I won't make some assinine comment to you about it.

And just what the hell kind of reply are you looking for? It also seems that the same people that make that comment preceed it with, "did you ride your bike today?" as I walk in the door with my jacket and helmet in my hand. I wanna smack 'em with my helmet - I mean, come on man. And then they wanny tell me what the temperature is outside, I'm like, "hey moron, I know... I just got off my bike Einstein."

Sorry, I had to rant. I've heard that damn "fair-weather" crap too many times lately. I bet they're the same people that say some crap like,

"Uh-oh, sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays."

Jerks

Old 11-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Default RE: "I'm a fair-weather rider myself..."

Uh-oh, sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays."
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Nice. I know what you mean with the fair weather riders. Im not as hard core as some, but rain doesnt bother me, nor does cool. COLD, yeah that bothers me. I know people like that, if it's cloudy and a 20% chance of rain in the next two weeks, they wont ride.
Putz!!

Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 AM

Just means the fair weather rider isn't getting the full enjoyment out of his bike hehe. But I dunno, my first winter season I rode in the rain and loved it, even kept riding all through our near record breaking month of straight rain. But today I rode in the rain just to get used to it again, and found it just sucks. It's not as fun having to suffer through rain when bikes aren't new to me anymore. I'm over it.....if I get caught in it, then so be it, but i won't be riding when it's been raining cats and dogs. Can't justify being wet and cold, and having to deal with all the leaves and crap on the road. The heater and defrost make it SOOO comfy in my corolla hehe. I've already thrown some stabil in the bike and will probably store it for most of winter.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 AM

I like riding my bike all the time...the only people that ever bitch about this is my wife and my mother in law, that s***t gets annoying...everytime I tak eout the bike when its cloudy or when it jsut rained etc they start with their "why dont u take the car, why this why that" A SHUT UP COS I WANNA RIDE DAMN IT! I DONT CARE IF IT FREAKINS RAINS ON ME, MY CAR BORES ME! like if they were the ones riding ....

Old 11-12-2006, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: SEAN_VANCE

I like riding my bike all the time...the only people that ever bitch about this is my wife and my mother in law, that s***t gets annoying...everytime I tak eout the bike when its cloudy or when it jsut rained etc they start with their "why dont u take the car, why this why that" A SHUT UP COS I WANNA RIDE DAMN IT! I DONT CARE IF IT FREAKINS RAINS ON ME, MY CAR BORES ME! like if they were the ones riding ....
I deal with the same crap.. I bet they are related.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 PM

...It also seems that the same people that make that comment preceed it with, "did you ride your bike today?" as I walk in the door with my jacket and helmet in my hand.
LOL, I'll bet I know who always asks you that. People always said the same stuff when I drive the Jeep with the top and doors off. "Uh, you realize its going to rain today, right?"