CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Beautify...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautify...

Well, I'm tearing the bike down this week. Getting it painted this coming weekend. Gonna do Silver up top where it is red, then from the white tank line down to the side fairing where the red picks up again will be black - I'm also going to extend that line all the way up to the front of the bike where the F is, then everything below that and back will be silver. I ordered some carbon fiber levers, mirrors, triple clamp cover and I've already got the bar ends and some sweet CBR grips. That's enough CF for me...

The only thing I'll need now is THE FRIGGIN' INNER RIGHT COVER FOR THE WINDSCREEN AND CLUSTER!!! Anyone have one for sale?!?!?!

Anyway, I'll be sure to take some pics of it all and let you guys see it (if ya care) It's gonna look sweet and will match my Icon leather jacket and helmet. What do you guys think of the paint scheme? It's gonna look similar to my avatar except silver/black/silver, but like I said, the bottom line will extend to the front of the bike. The only stickers I'm putting back on it is the tank Honda logo, the very bottom "HONDA" and the rear cowl "HONDA." I also bought a hunk of black leather for the seat. Anyone have an experience doing that. Shouldn't be too hard but any suggestions are welcome.

Also, I've been a magician for a few years and I was thinking of getting and ace of spades maybe on the side fairing where the old F3 would have been, I'm thinking about this spade design...

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/gho...ist.php?cat=41

Should be the first picture - looks pretty sweet and classy. I think it would look good with the paint scheme...

Feedback???

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also ordered some forward facing flush mount smoked lens turn signals - much better visability than the crap put on there now.

P.S. Anyone who has installed the Targa Trunk Conversion - would you mind giving me some feedback on it - gonna get it if it doesn't feel like it comprimises the seat stability and depending on whether or not it hinges the front seat to the front or if it's still able to come off completely. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Banned
Default RE: Beautify...

So, has anyone installed the Targa Trunk Kit? Yes? No?

I started the sanding tonight. Got the entire tail section finished - starting on the side fairings tomorrow. I'll post some pics then.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM

I installed the trunk kit on my bike. A bit of a pain to put on, but overall i like it. Just make sure you take your time putting it all together. The seat can still come all the way off. Its really nice to have, much bigger trunk, and very easy access to it.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

So I finished the bike at 7:24 this evening.

I only primered it black to prepare it for paint...

AND I LOVE IT MATTE BLACK! I've seen glossy black bikes, but I've yet to see a matte black bike that wasn't a stunt bike. It looks sweet - I think you guys might dig it. I love it and I've already had 3 compliments in the 2 hours I rode it tonight. I'm going to hit is with another coat of primer this weekend, then wet sand it and hit it with a satin sealer/topcoat. It looks sweet as all hell.

I'm going to Nebraska tomorrow and I'm going to get some pics then - there is some nice scenery where I'm going so I'll be sure to get some pics...

The best part??? I did it all in my garage with 4 $17 paint cans from an autobody paint store - I think most everyone will be surprised when you see it and realize it came from a can - the 3 that commented tonight flipped when I told 'em I did it in my garage with spray paint, hehe.

Anyway, I'll post pics tomorrow...

EDIT: I couldn't help myself, I took a few quickies - camera does it no justice...

I've got my new signals, levers, grips, bar ends and inner plastic cover (YES!) on - the smoked DB should be here tomorrow (shoulda been today - that will really set the bike off I think.

Don't knock the dent in my tank (filling this weekend) or the rough spots on the paint (I've still got some sanding/painting to do but I am impatient and today was nice - tomorrow is going to be nicer. So here it is... lemme know what you think.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  107.7 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  55.0 KB

Old 11-08-2006, 12:26 PM

is that a dent in your tank? if so you should fix it, i do like the color tho

Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

Bastard.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:30 PM

nooooo you painted over the best f3 paint scheme ever!!!! (i have same one)

and yeah i dont have those inner covers either [:@]

i also saw youve been scoping a peg with helmet lock too. itll be a race for the both of us to find one at a good price

Old 11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

I got a peg I'm watching - IT'S MINE!

Also, Honda has the inner covers for $19.04 shipped - you have to go to a local dealer though.

About the paint scheme... I'm not "Cool As Ice" anymore, but the bike looks better

Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ducati came out with Matte finish on their bikes a few years ago, I've seen a couple of dark grey (gunmetal) paint jobs on a few Jap bikes.
My opinion when I saw them was that at least you save money & time not having to polish them.

Years ago a guy I knew bought an ex army GT500? maybe GT750 kwaka with a camouflage paint job, that looked cool in a novelty kind of way. Maybe you could get a nice air brush theme going?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

My girlfriend just bought me an Icon Mainframe Skull helmet with the matte finish...

It's SWEET! Gonna match the bike perfectly - I might even see about getting the Skull Decal kit and finding a tastefull way to apply them to the bike before the top coat. I've never been a skull and crossbones guy but for some reason I'm getting into them with this bike.

Getting ready to take some riding pics... be posting them soon!