CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to remove clutch casing / case without breaking cover? (Breaking the seal)

Old 10-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove clutch casing / case without breaking cover? (Breaking the seal)

I have googled and youtubed the question every way possible for about 2 hours and its really about to drive up the wall!

All I would like to know is how to remove the clutch casing without breaking it? I am not replacing it with a new one, I am just removing this one to later put it back on. I know it can be done, but I would rather ask experts then completely mess it up from doing the wrong thing.

Why I can't find any information on this procedure or a demonstration video is beyond me, but I'm hoping one of you will know.

Is there a special solution? Putting a special fluids around the seal to loosen it or eat away the seal? Razor blades to lightly work into it? Special tool?

The reason I have to remove the clutch cover is because I was adjusting the clutch cable on he handle and on motor and whatever I did caused a "pop" (I believe maybe too much tension) and now the cable has too much slack and the tension is very little, basically it's only the the spring outside the cover that cause it to move back and forth.. So not sure what I may have broken. I pray it's not an expensive fix, but I need some experts feedback!

Any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 PM

I figured out the answer to my question. Taking a rubber mallet and soft tapping all corners then using a thin flathead screw driver finding the seam and lightly tapping it on opposite sides and once you get enough crack showing slowly tap to open all the way around and slowly pull it off.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:25 AM

you spent 2 hours ?? wow i removed my clutch completely in 6 minutes that from case on to clutch basket out and get a large mallet and just tap it until it comes off none of this flat blade business when i take the one off my other engine i will show you if you really want