CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to install flush mount turn signals??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install flush mount turn signals??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I just got a pair of the flush mount signals and i'm havin' some trouble gettin' them hooked up right. I tried to just splice the old stock wires with the new signal wires and it just kept blowin my fuse. I've only been working on the right one and now i hooked up the positive from the bike, the green ground wire from the bike and the positive from the flush mount signal together and then the two negatives together. Now when I turn the bike on, the light works fine and will stay on but as soon as i hit the right turn signal the light just stays off and doesn't blink. Also the back right signal (which is stock) doesn't blink either, it looks like it's tryin' but its just dim as hell.
So my first question is just to make sure the I have the + and - wires right. They are both blue that are attached to the bike but one has a white line through it, we have been assuming that this one is the negative. Is this correct?
If someone who also has these turn signals PLEASE give me a hand, I would be more than greatful. My liscense gets suspended for some crazy **** in a month and I wanna get as much ridin' time as possible before then (preferably with working turn signals)!
I just hope i didn't **** somethin up that I won't be able fix. Do I have to take off the front/side fairing and do somehtin' in the wire harness? I am just completely lost now and I really hope someone with more experience can shine some light on this in lamen's terms for my dumbass.
PLLEEEEEEZZZZZZ HEELLLLPPPPP

Old 08-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Default RE: How to install flush mount turn signals??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

i hope this helps.
http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...htdiodefix.htm

the diods are for making a 2 wire flush mount (standard rear turn signal only) into a 3 wire flushmount (front running light and turn signal). dont worry about the diods, just use the wires as a guide for your install.

dave

Old 08-13-2006, 03:02 PM

97f3rider, You are the ish!!! You just saved me, I followed the wire setup and it works perfectly. Thanks 97, your the man!!

Old 08-13-2006, 03:14 PM

anytime man. glad i could help. now go tear it up and keep the rubber side down.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:02 AM

dont feel bad dude... i did the exact same thing when i was hookin mine up... took a while to find the right wires

Old 08-15-2006, 03:49 PM

How about some pics of your bike with the new mod? =]