CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to Install an amp & speakers on an F3

Old 07-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmanracing24
i dont know where you would mount a sub and amp but anything can be done with enough time, money and resources
A sub? Here's my ******* response, which is a joke, because I know you just said that cuz it's funny:

"So you're saying that if you throw enough money at it, you can magically make space inside of your bike for a sub, and the several hundred watt amp you're going to need to power it? Are you going to fit a Large Hadron Collider in there as well to create the black hole you'll need? How about the stator your going to have to hand-wire to POWER that amp without melting your R/R?

Hell, how about the medical bills you're going to have to pay when you high-side on your first turn cuz you put such a heavy amp and speaker in some random location?"

Look at that: I just used "Large Hadron Collider" in appropriate context.

Last edited by johnnyx; 07-26-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 AM

Here's my normal response:

It's all about mounting. You're gonna have to build\mold something on your own to get the speakers to point up at you so you can at least KINDOF hear them. A couple of 5: automotive speakers can be powered with a 90w amp (good luck finding that, maybe salvage one from an old CD player), and it's 12v all day. You can mount the amp anywhere, just make sure it has proper airflow for cooling.

Bottom line is between the wind and your helmet, you won't be able to hear anything anyway. Hot glue some headphone speakers into your helmet like the rest of us.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:51 PM

im surprised at all the neg feedback on this one, A friend I ride with has 2 kicker 4 inch door speakers and a tiny kenwood amp wired up so that he can just plug in his mp3 player when ever he gets on the bike.

its loud enough that I can hear it when im riding next to him as long as where not going to fast.
It can be done with good results you just need to get everything set up right. Finding somehwhere to mount the amp would pry be the biggest prob but its not like you can put any of your stuff under the seat while riding so why not a tiny amp

Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets try to keep it civil here...some for the sub i guss he just wants speakers but still. youre right about the space issue.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TBH if I were to attempt something like this, I wouldn't DIY. I'd take it to a car audio shop and present them with a challenge

There's a shop here in Philly that'll try to mod anything (lambo doors on a VW, suicide doors on anything). A real car audio shop might do it for the cost of parts simply for the bragging rights.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 AM

what about complete product like this http://www.sportechinc.com/cranker.aspx

Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Damn, I didn't think I was gonna get negative responses from this. Sorry if I offended anyone, take a chill pill! I just thought it would be cool to listen to some music while going down the road. I got the idea from some guy that had it installed on an R6. Thanks for the helpful responses.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:37 PM

I don't want to sub or a big *** amp. I checked on ebay and I found a tiny amp that I can mount on the bike. thanks to all the responses especially the ******* ones!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 PM

It can be done...I had the same idea as PurpF3...
I was thinking of doing a F4i guage pack convert....and with the smaller cluster you could maybe fit some 3.5" or 4" speakers up front...But I would get some waterproof speakers(Marine Stuff)....

Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 PM

The cluster idea sounds pretty good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Install an amp & speakers on an F3