CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to Install an amp & speakers on an F3

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just stick an ipod in my pants pocket, and use headphones. you can easily change tracks or pause/play, but cant really turn the volume up/down or scroll through your music that easily.

i just put it on shuffle, or make playlists.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:10 PM

i think its completely possible to install a small amp, and some small marine speakers. the only question i would have is how would the battery, RR, everything else react to the required juice for the amp.

guys on big cruisers have radios/cd players/tape players, even mp3 players and they all come stock on the bikes. i dont see why it would be a bad idea for a sport bike to have. ive never seen one have anything like that. i think itd be sick if i rolled up next to a guy that was playin some music on a sport bike.

i think its as simple as mounting the amp under the seat, running the POS to the batt, the NEG to the frame, the remote wire to a toggle switch up front, your speaker wires tucked under the bike to the speakers, and your input line for the amp would be a RCA to a headphone jack conversion cable (bought at any radioshack, walmart, kmart etc) if you were to use a ipod/mp3. could run that input line up front to like the front of your gas tank, and put some double sided velcro on the tank (or somewhere up front on the frame), and just stick your mp3 to it everytime you wanted to listen to it. that way you could easily hit pause or adjust the volume if you needed to quickly.

i think the hardest thing would be possibly using fiberglass to create your own speaker pods (and getting the required airspace for the speakers).

Last edited by intiractive; 07-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:50 PM

intiractive very well said!!

The amp must be real small!!...So it would draw as little power as possible....

Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CH-300W-Car-Au...d=p3286.c0.m14
i have that exact amp ran to two six inch speakers on my atv. the box is made of 6 inch pvc pipe. the amp is more then enough power for the two speakers and dont effect the battery one bit. the only problem i see on a cbr is where to mount the speakers so the rider can hear them.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by theclevingers
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CH-300W-Car-Au...d=p3286.c0.m14
i have that exact amp ran to two six inch speakers on my atv. the box is made of 6 inch pvc pipe. the amp is more then enough power for the two speakers and dont effect the battery one bit. the only problem i see on a cbr is where to mount the speakers so the rider can hear them.
How's the sound on the amp? Does it sound good?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:16 PM

the amp sounds good. i use an actual ipod with it. i tried a cheap mp3 player but it didnt sound as good. i have the speakers on the front rack facing towards me. people behind me can hear it clearly over my exhaust

Old 07-29-2009, 02:30 PM

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  24.0 KB
thats how i have it set up on my atv. the amp is inside the tube. my wife has a 97 f3. i dont see where speakers could be mounted on it for rider purposes. even you went with smaller speakers the best place would be the handlebar area on cbr. then you have to look at your guages being blocked

Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 PM

here you go murdocity. it's not a cbr but maybe it'll get you going in the right direction

http://www.kanoa.com/moto/aprilia/soundsystem.html

Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM

thanks theclevingers for the helpful link. I'm gonna order the amp you got on ebay and will install and put up pics.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 AM

i lol'd at the scooter speakers and amp ^

Quick Reply: How to Install an amp & speakers on an F3