CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help Neutral is funny after lowside

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Neutral is funny after lowside

Today its acting up. Rode to work fine. My cousin wanted to ride today and so he wanted to pick up my bike from work. He got down the block and it was bogging and I had to pick him up from the parking lot 2 blocks down from my work place.

Symptoms:

-will run and stay running in gear-
-starts up runs and revs fine but when shift to 2nd gear it bogs and wants to die out-
-will shut off if in neutral and you kick the kickstand down-
-With kickstand down if you push till you see neutral light it starts back up-
-In neutral it will idle and then the neutral light with flicker and it will die out-push to see neutral light it starts back up again

-What I have done before I crashed was cleaned out the carbs and last night I poured some seafoam in the tank to clear out anything else. I'm out of ideas on what to do now. Any suggestions other then a neutral switch? (I did search and that's all I could find)

Old 07-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rabbitae86
Today its acting up. Rode to work fine. My cousin wanted to ride today and so he wanted to pick up my bike from work. He got down the block and it was bogging and I had to pick him up from the parking lot 2 blocks down from my work place.

Symptoms:

-will run and stay running in gear-
-starts up runs and revs fine but when shift to 2nd gear it bogs and wants to die out-
-will shut off if in neutral and you kick the kickstand down-
-With kickstand down if you push till you see neutral light it starts back up-
-In neutral it will idle and then the neutral light with flicker and it will die out-push to see neutral light it starts back up again

-What I have done before I crashed was cleaned out the carbs and last night I poured some seafoam in the tank to clear out anything else. I'm out of ideas on what to do now. Any suggestions other then a neutral switch? (I did search and that's all I could find)
1. Check the kickstand switch. The wires may be rashed and grounding out.
2. Also check to make sure the shift lever and linkage is not broken or bent from the low side.

It sounds like so electrical problems IMHO. Check that all the connectors are fully seated and you didn't damage any wires in the lowside.