General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 lowside, not running please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 lowside, not running please help

I had a recent meet and greet with the asphault in a sandy intersection and i'm having a little trouble with my 07 600rr. The bike slid into a curb, busted the radiator and Pulse assembly on the left side of the head; both of which i have replaced. BAS seems to be working since I'm getting fuel. I've also made sure the coil packs are seated. I haven't looked at the pulse generator on the clutch cover yet which might be the culprit since the bike flipped from left to right as it hit the curb. I've also checked the cut off switch which seems to be working fine. But, if anyone can name anything else that might cause it to turn over but not fire please let me know. I'm pulling my hair out and i don't want to start ordering sensors and parts i don't need if this is a simple fix. I've been searching the web for weeks to find an answer.

P.s. I'm not getting an FI code, so it's not an issue with the ECU, injectors, or fuel pump...i'm hoping/assuming.

Cheers

Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

any pics of the damage

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM

I will post some tomorrow. The bike is stripped down already.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM

well, obviously, I've had no luck with the pic upload, but at this point there's nothing really to see. I'll list some part numbers to clarify what i'm talking about in the original post.

The Bank Angle Sensor 35161-MFJ-D01 appears to have been reset since the fuel pump primes. I'm certainly no expert on diagnosing electrical issues, so it could still be malfunctioning, but still allowing the fuel system to prime.

After replacing the radiator and fan i replaced the Cam Pulser Assembly 36140-MFJ-D01
No luck. it was bashed pretty good by the back of the radiator which caused it to move further inside the cylinder head and make contact with the Cam Pulse Rotor 14405-MEE-000. basically the cam pulse rotor smashed into the the magnetized coil and cracked open the entire assembly. The rotor doesn't seem to have any damage.

I checked the coil packs 30700-MEE-641 to ensure they are seated, but i have not pulled them to check for spark yet. That is the next thing on my list along with checking the make sure the spark plugs are firing as well. I know that a jolt to the engine can potentially damage the plugs even if the damage isn't visible so i'll pull them as well.

The last thing to check would be the Pulse Generator 30300-MFJ-D01 which is located inside the clutch/crank case on the right side of the bike. the bike did flip from left to right and ended up resting on the right side in the grass. there is no visible damage to the right side cover and none of the wires are missing or torn. I'm sure this is a delicate piece since it's securely mounted inside the case cover. I just don't see how the jolt would have been hard enough to damage it if the case cover wasn't even scratched.

all the controls work. the cut off switch is operating properly. I can hear the fuel pump prime when i flip it on and off. it doesn't appear that the electrical components were harmed. I don't even think the starter motor would run if the regulator rectifier wasn't working properly. I guess if all else fails I'll just replace every part of the ignition system.

getting desperate, but not ready to give up!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
October 2011 ROTM

You said that the bike is stripped down already. Are your headlights plugged in? These need to be hooked up in order for the bike to run.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM

the running light is. the high beam is missing a bulb since i had to replace the housing.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

they do on the 600rr???? that's crazy.

i'm going with it's something simple - like something unplugged. if it slid, if it flipped - that could have happened.

but judging by what you've said and what you're replacing, and the fact that you say you have no code - i'm assuming you checked everything. sorry i can't be more help, i'd be more help if i was there

Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM

i guess it's time to call in the shaman to drive out the demons! ha

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

I eliminated the possibility of a bad BAS, and kickstand sensor. I'm replacing the signal generator, but i'm also going to check the stator to ensure it's not grounding and causing the voltage to drop on start up. i'm also checking the clutch switch. If none of those work i'll be at a loss. I'm also still seeing contact between the pulser assembly magnet and the pulser cam. I've seen a few instances where this is happening, but it doesn't affect the way the bike runs, but it can eventually go out. If anyone has had this problem what did you do to remedy it?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 PM

I'm replacing the pulse generator this weekend (hopefully) and trying a different ecu in a couple of weeks when i can get my hands on one. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it works after each attempt. Hopefully i can solve this problem for anyone else who experiences this; before they tear their hair out!

Quick Reply: 07 lowside, not running please help