CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help with the house routes

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got some real miles in her tonight, would have probably gotten a 100 on her if it wouldn't have started raining.

A couple things,

1. I couldn't get into first gear at a stop light once, I used second and went on my way. First gear was back when I got home.

2. Bar ends any suggestions? I ordered some cheap eBay ones because I was missing 1/2 to begin with. But I always have a real issue with hand numbness when riding. Is there a better option for ends in that area? I know just getting the cheapys on I got will help a bit but just wondering if there's a much better option for that.

That's what I ordered.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Not really sure how OEM bar ends would be much better than aftermarket ones as long as the are similar in weight.
Other than the weighys numb hands can be contributes to te forward stance of sport bikes. You can maybe get some bar risers to lift everything up a bit.
Conscience practice of a loose grip helps too. But at the end of the day it's part of owning a bike like ours to some degree at least.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Not really sure how OEM bar ends would be much better than aftermarket ones as long as the are similar in weight.
Other than the weighys numb hands can be contributes to te forward stance of sport bikes. You can maybe get some bar risers to lift everything up a bit.
Conscience practice of a loose grip helps too. But at the end of the day it's part of owning a bike like ours to some degree at least.

I quoted you hoping you'd see my question here it's been awhile since I posted in this thread.

Anyway I'm looking at getting plastics for the bike finally.

I have a few options

1. Order the f4i plastics for $150 unpainted and do some modifications to make it work I already have the seats.

2. Order the 98 f3 plastics unpainted $350 no modifications

3. I found 95/96 plastics unpainted for $260

From what I read the 95/96 uses a different style tail light and maybe seat? I have a 96 tail light actually, so if my seat will work with these plastics this isn't so bad and it would be an easy job.

I added screen shots of the options. The shipping is pretty quick on all options so not worried about that.

Truthfully I'd rather get the f4i for the looks of the seat and I wouldn't use the headlight or the headlight plastics because I have a better idea.

But the ease of the other plastics have me intrigued.

Looking for thoughts and concerns. Also if you know anything about the difference between 95/96 and 97/98

Old 07-30-2018, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hi ya. The 95-96 are a bit different. I guess it all depends on how comfortable you are with making the mods needed for them or the f4i plastics. I believe you can make the others work, but you will be crafting them a bit. With the 98's, you would know what you are getting (hopefully). But if you are going to create any kind of mods anyway, it might not hurt to get go with one or the other.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:03 PM

My main issue with getting the 95/96 is if my seat is going to look out of place with those style fairings. Like I said I already have the tail for 95/96 so that's simple and from what I understand the engine sides are the same as 97/98. So if the seat won't look stupid I'll get that set because it's $100 cheaper comes black and won't take 3-5 weeks shipping.

The f4i I have the seats but I don't want to chop my subrame and replace with the f4i subframe .I can weld brackets and support but don't want to cut. Main benfit of this is it's only $140 .

The 97/98 f3 fairings is kinda unfortunate that they cost so much compared to other years I mean it's just crazy.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I think the reason the 97/98 ones are more expensive is because that is the greatest example of a motorcycle ever made. So they are simply more valuable.

Actually I don't really know why there's the price difference except maybe availability.

With anything other than the original you are going to be either fabricating or settling with a look you may not be happy with. $100.00 is a chunk of change but in the long run if you're happier with the look then it might be worth it. Plus if you ever sell it, a bike that looks less modified is usually easier to sell, generally speaking.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:28 PM

I decided to go with 2003 RR fairings. I found a guy locally that's done the swap himself and was willing to share all I needed to know lol. I decided the RR over the f4i simply because of the price of the extra parts.

Used headlight for f4i is like $130 or more
New headlight for a rr is $45

The fairing kit comes with a cover for the rear seat which is nice too.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan. Be sure to take lots of pics and start a build thread.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:57 PM

Parts came 5 days early first time I've been happy with a eBay shipping lol

Old 08-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Quick Reply: Help with the house routes