CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Goodridge front and rear steel brake lines installed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodridge front and rear steel brake lines installed.

Yesterday was motorcycle day, actually every weekend is motorcycle of some sort. But, I installed the steel brake line and at first I couldn't get the front brakes to engage and I remember a post on here to bleed the master cylinder. Just pumped the the handle with the cap off and saw the air bubbles come out and it started getting firm, the bleed the system.

The hardest part was keeping brake fluid full, every time I gets empty have to the it all over again.

The grip of the is much better very solid and firm, don't have the mushy feeling to it. Also painted the calipers Hot Red, with look great with the Black and Grey, 7star fairing and look even better when I go back to the OEM Red, Black and White fairing (which probably get done next riding season).

I recommend the swap to Steel brake line, if your money permits.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Default RE: Goodridge front and rear steel brake lines installed.

Did you do it by yourself or get a helper? The right side seems easy but the left is a bitch

Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM

I have bled the brakes like 5 times...and the pressure still kinda sucks. Damnit!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 AM

You going to have to bleed the master cylinder,

If you don't have a one man brake bleeder, you can either buy one or make one.

To make one, get a clear PVC tube (size to fit of the bleeder bolt) and a plastic soda bottle with a cap. Make a hole into the cap to insert the tupe. Make sure this is airtight, if not put some type of glue to make it so. Screw the cap onto the bottle and set aside.

Take the cap off the master cylinder and remove the rubber thingy, now you should see a hole on the bottom of the cylinder, press the lever to see if you can get the air out. If you see no bubble, now it is time for the bottom.Get the bottle and squeeze it and hold it there. Now place the open in of the tube onto the hole at the bottom of the cylinder as tight as possibleand unsqueezed the bottle, now you should start to see fluid go into the bottle and air bubbles. KEEP THE MASTER CYLINDER FILLED WITH BRAKE FLUID AT ALL TIMES

Once the bubble stop, remove the tube and fill the MC with brake fluid and slowly press the lever until it becomes firm, now you can bleed the rest of the system.