CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Gas?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It always amazes me how little understanding there is about octane ratings. I see people using 93 every day in their big trucks and SUVs that call for 87. Sometimes it's a lot more expensive for them per fill up.
But the gas companies call it "premium" so people think they're getting something special. Sick lying bastards.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jackojeff
haha sorry to lauh but honda made the bikes to run on 87 octane? are you mad or delusional?...
Yes, Honda made bikes to run on 87 (AKI) unleaded. It says so in the manual and on the bike. If you have any documentation that says otherwise, please present it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but are walking a thin line with the flaming of other's opinions.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shall stick with what is recommended. lol

Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Yes, Honda made bikes to run on 87 (AKI) unleaded. It says so in the manual and on the bike. If you have any documentation that says otherwise, please present it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but are walking a thin line with the flaming of other's opinions.
He probably just thinks we're all crazy due to how much bad info is out there.
It's further confusing when honda sends bikes to NA with RON numbers printed on the bike and in the manuals. I've seen that before.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
He probably just thinks we're all crazy due to how much bad info is out there.
It's further confusing when honda sends bikes to NA with RON numbers printed on the bike and in the manuals. I've seen that before.
No buddy im from england so RON is all we use over here AKI i have never heard of before in my life.

why do i feel you are all saying i am wrong when i stated different plugs would be needed for 102 wereas not for 98 as the bikes in europe are made to run on 95 RON so the extra 3 RON does not make that much difference.

and they have extra additives to the 98 RON premium fuels that are meant to clean out an engine, studies have shown that these do not increase horsepower but when used can prevent carbon build up if used every now and then to "clean" the engine.

im not playing anymore petrol explodes, bikes go forwards and life corries on!