CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

(FIXED) Flat spot at 5k rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I just sent this to Johnny on how to bypass and remove the solenoid.

hardest part: removing the tank
this is going to make the speedo "not" work right ?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:44 PM

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM...changed up my fuel filter, went away for a week, then came back...just did this, BAM, problem gone!! thanks errrone!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 PM

Hi My name is Adrian, i am from Romania, so excuse my bad english.I have the same problem and i don"t really understand ho to do this .
I have some question about that.When you disconect 10 from 11 what"s happening withs the tubes They remain in air? Where exactly 5 will be attached?9 remain in position?

When ignition is on my solenoid valve make a click and he open.That supposed to do at more than 20km/h...doing in that way this is not the same thing that i"ll bypass it?I"m confused....Please give me an answer.

And finally,where is the relay that command the solenoid? The relay is comanded by the speedo,right? So why my solenoid is opening when the ignition is on?

Old 08-24-2010, 02:41 PM

Nobody?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by thunder rock
Nobody?
I belive you can just remove all that. While I havent yet done this mod because i have a cali version, but my bike is already missing all that hosing anyway.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hootie233
I belive you can just remove all that. While I havent yet done this mod because i have a cali version, but my bike is already missing all that hosing anyway.

that post was a year old...

but I removed mine just because I turned it into a streetfighter until I have spare money for new fairings, this mod works great

Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 AM

You may be interested in this URL. It provides the HRC schematics for airvalve removal.
HRC mods - a set on Flickr

It's a little tricky to work out what's going on but basically the valve is removed and the pipes all directly connected to the ram air intake. Interestingly they cut a lump off the ram air intake but that could simply be to enable the use of a headstock stand. I don't know if this impacts low speed running.

Last edited by ianp5uk; 09-30-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 PM

Noob here. What would cause fuel to get into those lines. My bike is doing the exact same thing and has fuel in those lines

Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 PM

Dumb question on this whole sensor bypass process: Wouldn't another option be to disable the signal from the speedometer (i.e. cut the signal wire from the speedo connector- I think the manual shows this a purple wire)? Or do I have the theory reversed in that the solenoid actually requires the signal for proper performance above 15 MPH? (reason I ask is the previous owne of the F3 I just bought told me the bike runs great with the speedometer disconnected). Sounds like this is what I'm dealing with (I can't get any more than 5000 RPM once i get rolling...).

Old 03-05-2012, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by testflyer
Dumb question on this whole sensor bypass process: Wouldn't another option be to disable the signal from the speedometer (i.e. cut the signal wire from the speedo connector- I think the manual shows this a purple wire)? Or do I have the theory reversed in that the solenoid actually requires the signal for proper performance above 15 MPH? (reason I ask is the previous owne of the F3 I just bought told me the bike runs great with the speedometer disconnected). Sounds like this is what I'm dealing with (I can't get any more than 5000 RPM once i get rolling...).
I can tell you that in my experience the bike runs fine below 15mph having removed the solenoid and connected the pipes in above 15mph mode only. I only use it on track but that has included slow manoeuvring around the pits right down below walking pace.

Quick Reply: (FIXED) Flat spot at 5k rpm