CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Dropped my bike and now have a few little issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dropped my bike and now have a few little issues.

I dropped my bike on the right side the other day, leaked some gas on the ground... is that normal? It started up fine like 20 mins later. One thing i notice is that i think it no longer has the power it did in 3rd gear, its kinda hard to tell cuz i took out my gauges for the time being but I no longer get a smooth rate of acceleration in 3rd. I did sorta smash up my carbon wrapped slip on, could that have anything to do with it?

My bike does defiently seem less loud but is fine in 1st and 2nd gear.

Also when i was riding in 3rd the bike did die once for some reason but started right back up. When should i start to worry about this stuff?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did the gas leak out of? There is a vent under the gas cap itself, and there are vent hoses that would drain some fuel in a tip over or over-full situation.

I could see a smushed slip on causing enough restriction to affect performance when really getting into the true powerband of the bike. Gearing in 1 & 2 might hide some of the effect cause you aren't in them very long before having to shift, but 3rd and above is when you start stretching the legs, and the motor needs to start breathing more.

Pull the slip on off, maybe even the mid-pipe. see if you can look though both, pull the baffle out of the slip-on - if it's mangled or compressed enough it could be allowing the packing to restrict airflow.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
where did the gas leak out of? There is a vent under the gas cap itself, and there are vent hoses that would drain some fuel in a tip over or over-full situation.

I could see a smushed slip on causing enough restriction to affect performance when really getting into the true powerband of the bike. Gearing in 1 & 2 might hide some of the effect cause you aren't in them very long before having to shift, but 3rd and above is when you start stretching the legs, and the motor needs to start breathing more.

Pull the slip on off, maybe even the mid-pipe. see if you can look though both, pull the baffle out of the slip-on - if it's mangled or compressed enough it could be allowing the packing to restrict airflow.
or take the can off and take her around the block! your neighbors will love you!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 96CBRJimmy
or take the can off and take her around the block! your neighbors will love you!
haha sounds like fun! I ll have to check it out, might give me a good excuse to buy a new slip on

But the gas leaked out somewhere underneath my tank, i couldnt tell you where

Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootie233
haha sounds like fun! I ll have to check it out, might give me a good excuse to buy a new slip on

But the gas leaked out somewhere underneath my tank, i couldnt tell you where
There's 2 vent tubes in the Carb assembly that will allow gas to leak out. I think they're for if u flood the bike. Otherwise there's some overflow tubes that come out under the tank and route down to under he suspension.

When I got my bike, the baffle only had half the packing in there, and what was there wasn't in that great of shape. That thing would wake the dead. Can only imagine what itwould sound like header only which is how it is sitting rite now.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the air solenoids is activated by your gauge cluster, put that back on and try it.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by dyracuse
One of the air solenoids is activated by your gauge cluster, put that back on and try it.
AH HA! Thanks man Im in the process of getting a bracket made for my f4i swap and hopefully everything will work its self out once i get it back on

Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by dyracuse
Yep that fixed it right up. Thanks a bunch man i was stressing for about 2 days there, Im too broke to figure issue like that out