CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

carb help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb help

So I have an interesting dilemma. I have a F2 with F3 carbs on it and am trying to get it to run right. Actually it does run but leaks gas out of a hose that best I can determine is part of the DIA. It's a hose on the right hand side of the carbs and makes a right turn to the left. At his point mine dumps out to the air. The pictures I have seen go to a reed valve or something and through some filters and hoses to blah blah blah. Well I don't have the blah blah blah so what can I do?

Old 07-06-2017, 10:17 AM

So I took a picture of where the gas is leaking out to see if that would help anyone with the problem. It's the pipe on the right. From what I can tell it has something to do with Direct Air Intake. I have seen some of the modification diagrams and think this is what they were getting at but I received it at a mid-point or after someone messed with it and didn't put it fully back together. Makes sense in the fact that the spark plug wires were all messed up as well.

Attached Thumbnails carb help-img_1311.jpg  
Old 07-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

If fuel is coming out one of the air ports, then it sounds like you might have a stuck float valve. They can get stuck a few different ways. One way is if the bowls are drained completely and left that way for a protracted period of time. If that's the case sometimes a sharp rap (tap) with the handle of a screwdriver against the bowl can sometimes knock it lose. Another way is for a small particle to get wedged under the float valve, thereby preventing it from closing all the way. Sometimes you can fix this by turning off the fuel, and then after placing a rag under your carburetors, open the carburetor bowl drain screw and drain the bowls completely. This will cause the floats to drop all the way down, opening the float valves all the way. Then momentarily open the fuel valve again until you see fuel coming out the bowl drains, then shut the fuel off again. This may flush whatever was stuck under the valve out. Close the drain screws, turn on the fuel again and see if you still have the leak. Otherwise you may have to remove the carburetors and inspect the float valves.

These are just some ideas.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:59 PM

It was a stuck float. Almost got there without your help talking to a friend but you guys definitely confirmed my thoughts and after trying to knock it loose I took them apart and cleaned them again.
Thanks again for your help.