CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Bike still wont rev past 4k :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bike still wont rev past 4k :(

Alrighty. I've been attempting to get my bike back up and running for over a week now. It will start and idle just fine, and after it warms up a bit it will rev to roughly four thousand with no issue, but as soon as it gets there it just kinda flattens out stays at four thousand regardless of more throttle. I cleaned the tank, put in fresh fuel, new fuel filter, and changed the plugs. At this point I'm a little stumped. Anyone have any idea which direction to go next or need further info?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you have a fuel-injected model? If so, it's probably an ECU issue. It might be worth paying for a proper diagnosis at a dealer as fuel injected systems and the associated electronics are a nightmare for us mere mortals! It sounds as if the injectors aren't opening up to supply the extra fuel, which can be down to the ECU or maybe a faulty fuel pressure regulator or throttle potentiometer. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm not that experienced in this type of motor, which I have also. My bike is a 2002 CBR600 F1. Good luck with it mate!

Originally Posted by CbrFn3
Alrighty. I've been attempting to get my bike back up and running for over a week now. It will start and idle just fine, and after it warms up a bit it will rev to roughly four thousand with no issue, but as soon as it gets there it just kinda flattens out stays at four thousand regardless of more throttle. I cleaned the tank, put in fresh fuel, new fuel filter, and changed the plugs. At this point I'm a little stumped. Anyone have any idea which direction to go next or need further info?

Last edited by highwaypatrol; 07-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by CbrFn3
I'm not really sure what highwaypatrol is talking about. Maybe a little confused. Anyway seeing as your posting in the F3 section and your avatar name is CbrFn3 I figure you have an F3 of some year. Can you provide a little history on the bike ? Mileage, previous work done on the bike. How long have you had it ? Did this problem start suddenly or slowly appear ? Has the bike sat for any period of time ?