CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Another Fuel pump Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012 | 03:05 PM
|
Default Another Fuel pump Q

Is the pump supposed to click up and down all the time, or not?

Mine before I replaced the switches barely clicked ever while bike was idling or revving. (kind of impossible to check what it's doing while riding under load)

I just finished replacing the switches on it, and now it clicks rapidly for a few seconds when I start the bike, then just every couple/few seconds it'll click a few times. I also replaced the fuel relay just in case.

Old 05-16-2012 | 10:43 AM

The fuel pump is run off the relay, so essentially the relay turns the pump on and off as needed. You will hear it click a few times and stop, because the pump doesn't need to be on at all times, or you would have fuel being pumped right thru the carbs and into motor, airbox or on the ground. Your last paragraph sums up how it is supposed to work.
The relays will work until they just stop, and then your pump just wont work. Sounds like everything is in good working order for your bike. Hold on to that pump relay you replaced, its always nice to have a backup.

Old 05-16-2012 | 12:22 PM
|

Originally Posted by 4ws.ba4 F3
The fuel pump is run off the relay, so essentially the relay turns the pump on and off as needed. You will hear it click a few times and stop, because the pump doesn't need to be on at all times, or you would have fuel being pumped right thru the carbs and into motor, airbox or on the ground. Your last paragraph sums up how it is supposed to work.
The relays will work until they just stop, and then your pump just wont work. Sounds like everything is in good working order for your bike. Hold on to that pump relay you replaced, its always nice to have a backup.
Okay thanks for the info, I appreciate it