CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

95 F3 shuts down mid corner, now won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 F3 shuts down mid corner, now won't start

Three days ago I changed the plugs on my 95 F3 because it wouldn't start. So I changed them out (they needed it) and it started just fine, I let it run for 1o minutes and then went on a joyride, filled it up with gas then pulled it back in the garage while I went to work. Two days ago I was riding and it cut off when I leaned left to take a turn and would not start back up. I got it back home, checked everything out and decided I may have somehow fouled the plugs..So I put 4 new plugs in and it still wouldn't start. So I took the tank and the airbox off to see if I could find the problem. Everything looked good. I took the plug out on the right hand side of the bike (it is by itself while the other three are on the left side) grounded it to the engine to see if it was sparking. Not only did it spark but the engine turned over (without the tank on) and the bike ran for about 20 seconds and cut off. I tried 5 or 6 more times with the spark plug in and the tank off and got the same result - The bike turned over and ran for a few seconds but then cut off. After putting the tank back on and charging the battery, now it won't start at all, it trys to turn over but all I get is some backfiring and the smell of gas. At this point I'm stuck and am afraid to do anything else for fear of messing it up even more.

Anybody experienced anything like this before? Any suggestions would be very welcomed as I am on the verge of taking it to the Honda dealer and spending a lot of $$$$.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 F3 shuts down mid corner, now won't start

when checking the tank have you removed the pit cockto see if the screen is clogged or just remove the gas line from the carbs and see if you have a smooth gas flow ?? i had a bike years ago that did this same thing and there was green, algae looking trash clogging the screen. easy to clean and back on the road in no time. other than that see if all the plugs fire, but still sounds like a fuel problem to me.