CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

600 rr retro fit

Old 06-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600 rr retro fit

hello everyone! i'm new to the forum, wanted to join sooner,but my typing skills were way off. would have taken me two days to get this far. ok- to the point i live in mississippi( i know you guys r tired of Katrina related stuff. i am!) after the storm i traded a yzf 1000 thunderace( no title) for my f3. it went under water a good bit. my brother is a tech at a local shop and i attended MMI in orlando for almost a year . had to drop no money left in gi bill. anyways-- i cranked it up with a rc nitro bottle filled w/ gas. turned over and ran for a sec. cool it's not frozen. next i hit the pc for parts. between ron ayers and bike bandit a spent achunk of moolah. started withe a hindle high mount,no slip ons full system, Factory jet kit took carbs off , soaked for week in autozone parts cleaner. took em out let em sit for amonth(just lazy) changed oil, antifeeze and any maintenance item.startedpulling wheels bearings, i mean if it spun or moved it was taken to the parts cleaner or powder coate or just cleaned and lubed. wheels are fire red. honda sure can make a product. there was no milky oil or contamination. cool right, jus worried about wiring harness thogh but i opened up the harness by the rectifier and no mess. to the point of this whole babble is my custom body work. i checked out the 600 f2 o f3 fitted with F41 body work. always wnadered what will work on an f3. so far customizing takes commitment. i put a 600 RR tail on my f3, aftermarket tails are to bulky, airtech is ok, but this worked out better wife says she wants her own so my f3 suddenly becomes a one seater. had to cut a porion of the sub frame, removed foot peg bracket and cut off mounting tabs grinded smooth applied some krylon plasticoat. stuff sticks well with little prep. the point i'm making is if you've read this far i have some stock bodywork to let go for my fellow honda friends. i will post details in the classified section.i'll post some pics later