Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont run with tank on, lines not crimped

Hey guys , good to find this forum, couple a questions :
91 F2
replaced carbs with e-bay set due to too many missing parts
bike runs fantastic with aux / shop fuel tank with #1 carb vac line plugged
add factory tank (clean) and petcock (was dirty) bike runs like crap and dies, actually acts like it is hydrolicing (wont turn over)
Questions which are not very clear in the manuals or the fische :
vacume hose connections on the petcock , # 1 manifold correct ?
Fuel tank , besides vent and drain , what else and where ?
Any help is greatly appreciated as I have dismantled this bike 4 fing times
HELP
george

Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 PM

You have a f3 petcock on it sounds like wont work dude. Take it off and get on for the f2 or cbr900rr just make sure it has a vacuum port it should have a fuel hole and the a angled nipple out beside it. Then u have a vacuum line going from #1 cylinder port to ur petcock. Turn the gas off, pull ur plugs and turn the engine over by hitting the srater button to get some of the gas out. Let it sit for a day and reassemble. U can ride just turn the gas off when its not running. But for real put the right petcock on it and it will run good mine had the same problem

Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Hi George,

I troubleshot a similar problem this weekend. My bike would not quite run with the stock tank, and I believe it turned out to be a petcock problem. I fashioned a makeshift tank and that allowed adequate flow for the bike to start.

You can test your petcock by setting it to reserve and sucking on the vacuum line. A gentle sucking for just a second or two should yield a strong torrent of gasoline to flow from your tank.

I just needed to reassemble my petcock, and mysteriously it worked. You may or may not be so lucky. But if you get that strong flow from the petcock when vacuum is applied to the port, you should be good to go.

Vent and drain just hang down below the tank and point at the ground. The vertical vacuum line goes to the number one intake port, as you know.Let us know whether you're getting strong flow when you suck on the hose.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by dustinjklee
You have a f3 petcock on it sounds like wont work dude. Take it off and get on for the f2 or cbr900rr just make sure it has a vacuum port it should have a fuel hole and the a angled nipple out beside it. Then u have a vacuum line going from #1 cylinder port to ur petcock. Turn the gas off, pull ur plugs and turn the engine over by hitting the srater button to get some of the gas out. Let it sit for a day and reassemble. U can ride just turn the gas off when its not running. But for real put the right petcock on it and it will run good mine had the same problem
Nope it is an F2 petcock which I am re-assembling now, also I noticed major fuel leak from what I assume is the petcock vent hole
will post pics later
thank you guys
g

Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 PM

...vent? ...hole? I didn't know there was one. Is your vacuum cutoff diaphragm torn?