CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Updated pictures of my 92 f2 to f4i conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I guess it just comes down to preference and taste just like anything else but that's the exact stance I want it at , that's why I got the adjustable link, actually I would like it a bit lower and I had it a bit lower but it didn't handle that great and it was cutting it to close to scraping things on hard turns so I raised the front and rear up more to the height you see in the pictures and as far as color goes I suppose it is to swaggy for some peoples taste but Tiffany blue is one of my favorite colors and I was planing on doing it all that color but once I got everything done besides the side fairings it was absolutely perfect and exactly what I was invisioning so I decided to keep the side panels white but ya literally every where I go people comment on it and as to take pictures lol , and when I tell people it's a 92 when they ask what year it is from people who obviously don't kno much about Hondas they don't believe it when I tell them it's a 24 year old bike. And people that I have showed the before pics of when I got it say there's no way hell that its the same bike but the vin badge by the neck with year and model on it to doesn't lie haha. A couple weeks ago to I dkrove to the Honda dealership to check out and test drive this pre owned cbr929) that I was thinking about getting because I'm in the market for one of the cbr 9 series and I test drove a 05 600rr preowned as well that was a really nice feeling bike but ya anyway the guy helping me out showing me bikes and stuff saw my bike and was diggin the color and told me one of his buddies has a 1000rr with a similar color scheme except the body is all white repsol plastics with Tiffany blue powder coated rims which sounds pretty cool too , but ya he noticed my wheels from afar and was like what kinda rims do you have on your f4i it looks way better than the 3 spokes and I told him those are f2 rims and that's not an f4i it a f2 and he couldn't believe it and that I did all the work, he had half the dealership and mechanics out there taking pictures and admiring it which was pretty cool haha . But ya as far as the forks go I know what you mean about them sticking up and I don't like how it looks but it's only temporary I already have 929 usd forks and calipers with brand new pink stainless steel cables to match the rear but I just need to get a wheel and then I'll put them on and they are a lot shorter than the stock f2 forks so once those are on I won't have that problem anymore. But ya aside from the bike being a bit lower than stock height it handles like a charm and is night and day difference better than when I had the stock non valved rear shock on it , when I used to super tight turns I wasn't able to get that low for the life of me and even just on 90 turns on the street when I would be on the inside lane I had to fight the bike from going into the outside lane and after putting the fox on its so much better and u prob are right coal miner I'm sure the bike being slightly lowered effects the handling but it definitely doesn't effect it enough for me to want to change it but I tuned the suspension really well and it's valved and springed for my exact weight and I experimented with slightly different air pressures in it until it handled perfect because my buddy who helped me with the welding on my bike also has nitrogen tanks at his shop where he works on all his toys for pressurizing the long travel fox shocks that him and his brother use on all there trucks and rails so that helped having access to that helped out and then I just kept adjusting it and ride , adjust and ride until I got it to where I liked the way it handled hard turns and now it handles close to perfect and I have no problem getting my knee close to the Tarmac and it's at the perfect height now to where it's got that low tstance that I wanted but nothing scrapes when I really lean into it. I'm sure once I put on the 929 usd's also that it will help a lot cuz my f2 forks feel like they could b a lot better. I'm sure if I was tracking this bike too that I wouldn't have it lowered cuz u are absolutely right that it does effect handling but it handles damn good enough for the street and way better than it did when I first got it and it had the non valved Showa

Old 09-10-2016, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yah hey @coalminer I had a question and you seem very experienced and like you know a whole lot about these bikes so maybe u can help me out. Well so I found a brand new factory pro jet kit on sale on eBay for 60 bucks thinking that it was a configuration 30 I ordered it and it came the other day but the kit I got is the factory pro California kit configuration 10 and it came with 4 needles and the clips, a bunch of Allen screws to replace the Philips ones is what it says but it only came with 4 main jets that are 130 and came with no pilot jets , now other kits by various brands have kits that come with pilot and main jets and I also found kits by sci and 6sigma that come with like 16 jets so u have 4 different sizes to choose from so anyway my question is should I get another kit with pilots also or one of the kits that come with 16 jets so I have choices or will the factory pro California kit configuration 10 work for me fine?? Have you heard of anyone using this kit with success ? Also I am in Southern California so would using this kit be better ?