CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Progress...

Old 02-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress...

So I bought my 93 F2 and it looked like this...

Wasn't terrible, but I knew I would want to repaint it and mod it...

Unfortunatly my bike met with the bumper of a parked truck. Side effect of riding with new gloves not ment for riding with. I don't have any pictures of it what it looked like after that happened, but suffice to say the whole right side was ruined. Thankfully it was just the fairings and nothing else that was significant besides bending back a few mounts.

Here it is stripped of the fairings

Next is the damage done the the front fender, the only damaged piece of fairings that I am keeping.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM

Here is the fairing repaired using the soldering iron technique i found here on the site

Underside looks a lot messier

After a lot of elbow grease and some bondo it starting to look better

Primered up!

Also have the rear tail sections Primered up and ready

I am waiting on my new set of fairings to be delivered to me. They aren't in the greatest shape but loads better than my current wrecked ones. I am bringing all the pieces into shape and primered up so I can be ready to paint them as soon as I decide on how I want to do it.

Last edited by DagonRais; 02-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Alright, finally got my "new" set of fairings in. They are going to need some work. The tail section I doubt I will use, but you never know for sure.

Front assembly. Not sure what kind of a head light was in here to begin with.

Next are the side fairings. They are in decent shape, a little rough but not bad. Much better than my shattered and broken right side fairing, and if I am using one of the new ones I am going to match it up, since these are fiberglass and do not have the removable engine access panel like the stock.

Here is the one piece single person tail piece that came with it, the seller wanted to sell it all together and I got a good deal for it all.

Once I get the bike back together I plan on selling the left over plastics. That are reusable.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM
1n3

Looks like you are doing a good job putting it all back together. do you have a link for the soldering technique?

Also, not to highjack your thread, but what is your plan for the tail? I have been looking for a solo like that. If you could PM me I'd appreciate it.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 PM

I don't have the link but I can see if I can find it again, but it is pretty simple to do. Though if I could do it again I would try the plastic weld epoxy stuff I found at napa.

And pm should be on the way.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Went back home since there is no school on the weekend and I had the rare weekend off of work.

I forgot my camera so there are very few pictures, but ill tell you guys what all I did.

To begin with, I took the front stay off, the part that the gauge cluster, windshield, and headlight mount onto. When it was crashed this part was bent back on the right side. It was so bad that you could only turn the steering wheel a few inches to the left.

Here it is bent. (only picture I took. )

Used a torch to heat the bend and hammered it straight. While it isn't perfectly straight it works lol.

Taking of the gauge clusters I found that my speedometer cable was coming unseated from the back of the gauge ( really wish I had pictures of this) I ended up having to unscrew it and recreate a flange on the end of the cable to hold the nut on when it gets screwed in.

Those are all I have gotten done so far, besides lots of sanding... i mean... LOTS of sanding lol

Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Sanding....

Then skip to the paint job.

(I had run out of time while I was home for spring break working on it, just managed to get everything ready to paint and my Father told me he would finish it up for me. The scheme was a surpise to me I had told him I was thinking red and black so he ran with it.)

Ended up deciding that I'm probably going to go with a street fighter look. Since I love the looks of some of them.