CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

NAPA Fuel Pump On An F2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAPA Fuel Pump On An F2?

I needed a fuel petcock for my 92F2 and went the cheaper route and installed one for an F3. Now my F2 at times starves for fuel as it was originally gravity fed, and installed a petcock that was fed by a fuel pump, and I read on this site somewhere last year that an electric fuel pump from NAPA Auto Parts can be added to quelm this symptom. Problem is, after many searches I am unable to find the thread or any more info. I don't want to buy the honda fuel pump because of the cost. Has anyone added a Mikuni Power Valve or two to their bikes? I heard this was another viable option but again can't find any written info on it.

Last edited by Krokus_92F2; 02-03-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM

The F3 fuel petcock is basically on or off with or without the engine on. The F2 fuel petcock is can be left in the on position & still not flow any fuel because it is vacuum opperated. If there is no vacuum applied to the daighram then no fuel will flow. Check your lines for kinks. I would think the F2 petcock might starve the engine if the diaghram has a pinhole leak.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Default Re

Originally Posted by Project96
The F3 fuel petcock is basically on or off with or without the engine on. The F2 fuel petcock is can be left in the on position & still not flow any fuel because it is vacuum opperated. If there is no vacuum applied to the daighram then no fuel will flow. Check your lines for kinks. I would think the F2 petcock might starve the engine if the diaghram has a pinhole leak.
I have been running the F3 Petcock for about a year but on a recent ride to S.Cal when I rode a little faster and harder than usual, packing side bags and a heavy backpack plus myself, did I discover the bike starved for fuel at times. At first I thought the tank wasn't venting, so I opened the cap and rode for awhile and the symptom returned. I then checked the lines and even removed a little inline fuel filter. The F2 Petcock has a vacuum line that the F3 one does not. There was someone on here that talked of a very small inline electric fuel pump from Napa that can be used on the F2's using F3 Petcocks, infact that is where I found the info to use an F3 petcock in the first place. The bike will run fine, until it needs a lot of fuel where the carbs then begin to go dry.

I looked at an 07 GSXR600 yesterday to replace my F2 and the mechanic for that bike mentioned Mikuni Power Valves. I might take my F2 there and see if he can explain more in detail what the install involves since it's way cheaper than buying another bike.