Just need some advice/help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need some advice/help.

I'm getting new fairings for my bike.
I want to get something like these:

91 92 93 94 for Honda CBR600RR F2 Fairing Kit ABS Plastic Free Windshield 1 | eBay

hopefully thats allowed to post that.

Anyhow I have no idea what that looks like on a bike. My bike is all red with red wheels (check out my avatar). The guy before me dropped it once but there's no problems other than a whole in right side.

I need some advice I really don't want to get the red stock wheels repainted and I can't find alot of f2 pictures here that I really like...Any suggestions or pictures of a F2 with red wheels?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, you're in luck, as that kit is almost exactly what I'm running on my bike! In the kit in that link you posted, they don't use all the gray accents that are in mine, and they use some white bits, that mine doesn't have, but looking at mine will give you a decent idea, anyway.
You can see lots of pics of my bike with those new fairings in the build link in my signature.

Last edited by JNSRacing; 01-29-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its been a while since you posted this but, where did you get your kit at and how did it fit on the bike? Did you have to do alot of modificaitons? Thanks

Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ramzzey13
I know its been a while since you posted this but, where did you get your kit at...
My kit came from Neverland-motor, here is the link for all the products offered for a '93 F2, but the fairings are the same for all four years.

Motorcycle Parts For Honda CBR 600 f2 1993 - neverland-motor.com

Originally Posted by ramzzey13
...how did it fit on the bike? Did you have to do alot of modificaitons? Thanks
Honestly, yes, I had to do a lot of small things, but nothing all that complicated, depending on how resourceful you are.
If you scan through my thread, the first one, you'll see a lot of the little things I did to make them work, but I think it's a touch different with every kit, unfortunately... the moldings seem very inconsistent.

Other than the things I mentioned in the build thread, one thing I had to do in a lot of spots, was very carefully increase the size of the holes for the various fairing bolts, to give me the "play" I needed, to get them properly lined up.

I recommend doing your best to use the contact options on the site, to NAIL DOWN a way to order some with the grab-bar holes filled, on the tail sections - it seems they send them out with those holes present, by default.

Then, there is the tank cover... just read my response on this thread, for my thoughts on that one:

fuel tank cover

All in all, they're not bad, and frankly, I'd buy from them again, since you really can't beat getting a complete kit, ready to go with paint and graphics, for that price... I would do it again, but I would do a couple of things a little differently. Firstly, I would handle the parts even more carefully than usual, since the finish is sensitive, and I would probably shoot some clear coat over everything, just for good measure. Secondly, I would verify whether or not the bike I'm buying fairings for, had any kind of passenger grab-bar, in the U.S., Asian, or European market, so I could make sure those are filled.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide, and as I advised, scan through my thread for all the little tricks and tips and gripes on the fairings, since I'm certain I've forgotten something here!