CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

I've got some projects in mind...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got some projects in mind...

and could use some input. What should I do first (priority and convienance and overall effect all taken into mind) And what advice do you have on them?

1.Brakes (This is a bit of a priorityas my front rotors a warping)
2.New mirrors (w/ custom intergrated turns maybe? I would do that part if I did at all)
3.Frame sliders
4.Seat cover
5.Chain/sprocket
6.Tank/gas cap pads (anyonw know where I can find the stuff that looks like REAL carbon fiber and not the carbon fiber "look" imitation stuff?)
7.HID headlight
8.Bar ends (the prvious owner broke one off in the throttle bar so this one could be some work)
9.New look for my V&H ehaust(something that will hide the damage. I'm thinking maybe brushed and clear coated if I can find high temp clear)
10.I need a bike cover (with budget in mind)
11.Fork seals
12.Tinted windshield or something else with the clear one?
13.Levers (not a huge priority but one is a little bent)
14.I want to paint my wheels white and get some reflective blue rimstripes on them (maybe when I do the brakes?
15.Damper

Keep in mind I need to do these on a college students budget but also that I don't half-*** anything. Especially when it comes to my bike.

Attached Thumbnails I've got some projects in mind...-cbr1.jpg   I've got some projects in mind...-cbr2.jpg   I've got some projects in mind...-cbr3.jpg  

Last edited by jp_greenville13; 01-31-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

Well I know you can get a decent bike cover at Walmart for $20. You might be able to get the levers and bar ends and such on ebay pretty cheap and there is a seller who sells progrip gas cap and tank pads for about $10 for both. Fork seals you can also get on ebay, you can probly find them just about anywhere but I have't had to replace mine so I haven't looked around.

You can also just bend the lever back its very easy.

I got my seat cover from custom seat creations on ebay for about $30 when they have their 50% off sale. Takes them a while but you can get a nice seat cover.

I would only go with powder coat for wheels because rocks will just chip away normal paint.

My windshield before I broke was painted black and it looked really good but I think all the after market tinted ones look odd for some reason. I also heard you can put a tinting coat like the ones people put on their head lights and tail lights.

HIDs can be pricey for our bikes because we have a single bulb with dual filaments while the new bike only have a single filament so I believe its more expensive.

Attached Thumbnails I've got some projects in mind...-moto_0058.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the advice. I thought about going with a CSC as well but I think I want that to be a DIY. We'll see though. It's not out of the question. I've looked at the progrip tank and gas cap pads and they look like that fake carbon fiber look.
My levers are okay for now and I did bend it back somewhat but I dont think it's going to go much further before it leaves me stranded w/o a front brake

Any other takes on the wheel painting? powder coating the only way to go?

Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Thanks for the advice. I thought about going with a CSC as well but I think I want that to be a DIY. We'll see though. It's not out of the question. I've looked at the progrip tank and gas cap pads and they look like that fake carbon fiber look.
My levers are okay for now and I did bend it back somewhat but I dont think it's going to go much further before it leaves me stranded w/o a front brake

Any other takes on the wheel painting? powder coating the only way to go?
It's as close as you're gonna get to carbon fiber without spending more then twice the amount of money. Here's a close of the progrip pads.

And about the wheels...yes powdercoat is the only way to go.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:58 AM

Oh i guess those pro grip ones don't look as bad as i had originally thought. thanks for the blow up